Clubsport V1 pedals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Anybody else having throttle issues with Clubsport V1 pedals on rF2?
    Mine keeps drifting down to a max value of approximately 70%.
    If I unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in, the value goes back to 100%.
    After about 15 minutes it's back to 70%.
    I've unplugged the pedals and checked all the set screws at the base, re-tightened the sensors etc.. still the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I've been getting the same thing. Only thing is I can see it also happening in the driver also so it's hard to tell. In other games all seems fine just rF2

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Interesting!
    I can also see it in the Fanatec pedal properties test menu.
    It will not go above 70%.
    Another online racer was watching my lap and noticed it as I was on the long straight at the Nords earlier this week.
    I was a full minute off my lap time and was just about to investigate why, when he mentioned it.

4. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I have a set of Clubsport V1's, but no issues here. I used to have a similar problem with not getting full throttle when the set screws on the back of the pedals were not screwed in properly. Also replaced my throttle potentiometer a while back because after a while the problem occured with the set screws being tight.

5. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I have v2's and I sometimes get this problem, tightening the screws on the side and bottom fixed it but not fully, it still goes down to ~95% from time to time. A good fix from ISI would be to set a button to set max throttle, although this is pandering to a hardware problem of Fanatec.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Look in properties and controllers; there already is ;)

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

yup, like others said, the small screw from back of the pedal which hold the sensor gets loose from time to time, it needs to be tighten up. Disconnect pedals, tighten it, connect again and go to device properties to see how it works

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks Prodigy, that was the problem.
    I was concentrating on the setscrew at the pivot under the pedals.
    It turned out to be the three smaller setscrews holding the sensor to the side of the throttle pedal as you suggested.
    They were all a tiny bit loose.
    There are three small plastic isolators one on each screw, so if you remove the screws (as I did to loctite) remember to put them back on.
    The pedals are working great again.

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Also, whenever you get erratic pedal behaviour with the Clubsports, make sure the USB cable is seated firmly in the base receptacle. Fanatec should have provided a pinch-in cable guide (or some sort of strain relief) if they really felt they had to have a USB and mini-DIN receptacles at the pedals. A tight cable tie to secure it to part of the frame is a really good idea.

When my clutch started to act up, I first lopped the top and bottom of the travel off with min and max settings in game Controls settings and finally resorted to auto-clutch when that eventually no longer worked. I was all set to tear them down when another owner advised me to make sure the USB was seated well - cured it immediately. It was a bit of a blow to my tech-ego to have to be told, basically, to make sure it's plugged in. :rolleyes:

10. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Spoke too soon.
    It's back.
    So strange.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I used these pedals before I got my T500 and the throttle didn't go to 100% since about a week after I had them in every sim. I just short calibrated, or set max below where it went to (which is already an option, have you check controller settings??

12. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

So Fanatec aren't all they're cracked up to be then for the money? Maybe I'll look into a T500 setup.

13. Saro

Saro Registered

On a positive note, my V2s are working without problem since I got them 6 months ago. GT3 wheel power supply died in that time but they sent a new one within 3 days.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I am sure things were more refined later. In any case, I've been simming long enough to have been "burned" by just about every manufacturer at one time or another, if you can call this issue that. I've heard of T500's with no cooling fan, etc. It happens. People will always be more willing to voice a negative experience than a positive, Fanatec gets a lot of good comments as well.

15. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i have V1 that i bought off ebay, so second hand. i did have some issues where there was some 'noise' in the calibration settings, ie when pedals are not touched, it still showed some degrees of movement in the indicators. i found that restarting the PC with them not plugged in cured it every time.

i also emailed Fanatec directly about it and they gave me advice about the screws on the sensor. quite good considering i bought them off ebay, so not actually a direct customer!

thinking of getting a wheel from them next, quality to me seems just as good as other manufacturers. like Tim says, more people are likely to post up bad experiences but i guess you can have trouble with anyone

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

So true. When your happy with your new toy all you want to do is go use it....probs with the intention of posting good things about it but not wanting to do so right this second, now is the time to have fun....and then you forget to post the good feedback at all.

www.trustpilot.co.uk should be called www.badreviewpilot.co.uk. Don't get me wrong, i do use them for sites i don't know but you usually see between the lines when you read into the fine details.

17. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I see they haven't fixed this issue in the V2 set either. They are excellent pedals, and wheels. However there durability isn't nothing compared to logitech or thrustmaster. I've got 2 dead wheels and a set of CSPs on there 3rd set of sensors. All failed within 2 years of less than normal use.

I blame it on the fact that Logitech and Thrustmaster have been doing things a bit longer. Fanatec will come around though, when things work they work really well, my GT3RS was the best FFB wheel, much smoother than my G27.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If the pots won't go to 100%, you need replacements.

Good luck contacting Fanatec and actually getting service from them. I had to contact them 7 times for my CSP's and they never replaced the pedals, just kept sending me more pots even though the prob was much more than that (after 7 pots the 1 year warranty was up and no more service. They did it of course, so that the 1 year warranty would pass so they wouldn't have to replace the units- sleazy company).

19. smithaz

smithaz Registered

CSP's don't use pots they use hall effect sensors, although the brake uses one to adjust sensitivity.
    Fanatec's warranty used to be 2 years in North America before this year, so if you bought them more than a year ago you should have gotten 2 years warranty.
    What do you think the problem is with your pedals if it's not the sensors? I ask as I have read of them sending people replacement PCB's before.

20. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

I had same Problem . Defective Loadcell causes this . Its cheap you get 2X (Brake and throttle for 20 Euros