Sloppy behavior while fast down shifting

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by olandese volante, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hi,

to punish the driver for fast downshifts you should do some experiments with the off-throttle torque values and engine inertia in the engine file. Try to raise the negative off-throttle torque especially in the high revs and in the revs beyond the rev limiter. This should give you somm off-throttle oversteer as well as heavy oversteer, when downshifting too early. Especially, when overreving the engine...

Hope this will help!

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

How does what compare ? Driven i have hundreds of vehicles but what exactly should i compare, when it wasn't one of those in game there is anyway no accurate assessment possible and that goes for everyone, including a racer will be useless if he does not know the especial car and can only judge generally, that's what i do.

And how they compare in general with my personal experience about cars you can read all over the place :) You need to be more specific.

Sorry to be OT !

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  3. olandese volante

olandese volante Registered

Finally, thank you :)

4. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

Wow speed1, you have hundreds of vehicles ? I wish I had your job.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

That would be nice, no because of the jobs i've done over the years and i'm out for quite some time but we experienced a lot in more than 20 years.

6. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

What kind of jobs did you do to drive hundreds of vehicles ?

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  8. speed1

speed1 Banned

I see your intentional and i think that's beside the thing and we should stop here. Have you ever asked any of your developer in question, maybe you should do. I'm not sure if all the supposed professionals also are some, at least in regard to motor-vehicles from the reality and not just see some or driven one or two, i mean working with and on cars professionally. Open you eyes and look around you.

Sorry for OT again.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Anyways enough arguing people. Let's help the thread starter with what he's asking for :)

I'm not a modder but I just wanted to let you know it's called "locking" not "blocking". I know what you meant but just incase anyone might not.

Also, if the car has autoblip but allows you to over rev on the downshift then it should still do a perfectly matched blip which would then not promote any wheel locking as it should be a perfectly matched blip. However the extreme engine braking (this all depends on different engines of course) can cause very eager car rotation while turning especially if you are off-throttle and not helping get the rear end down.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Blocking is just another term for locking. It isn't the wrong term. Just as pushing is the same as saying oversteering.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Your English is hard to follow. I think what you are trying to say is you don't think anyone here has any actual seat time. I think you are sadly mistaken.

BTW, I had a friend that worked for the collection in Miami Florida and literally drove 100s of high end sports cars but never did he get to drive any of them anywhere near the limit. Not even 5/10.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Olandese, like I said, don't attempt to make your cars realistic. People will stone your for making an "unrealistic" car.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Push is understeer, loose is oversteer :)

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Noel i won't go in any details there are things felt under privacy but that is not what i said. I just said if you questing the QA of anybody, you should do that as well with developers and racers. And for the limit what is that, i can reach the limit of any situation even on speeds under 50km/h. The one has nothing to do with the other. I'm sure you won't tell me a poor driver would understand and know the technics of cars better than your frend. You shouldn't upset his experience and the varity, it might be possible his experiences are far more expanded than any of your drivers, especially when it comes to generals and technics. The driver mostly just know how to controle the current car he drives. And another point, you are not talking with someone selfcalled as many hobbyists think they know something and open up a garage or working on as it is mostly outside of germany. I'm not sure if you know our learnig curve but we don't get any gradution for nothing or just because of turning some screws. There is a reason why germany is that good on cars.

15. olandese volante

olandese volante Registered

Unfortunately people (mid-slow drivers) are complaining about the faster ones downshifting too fast without oversteering. I am among the latter, and I agree a little downshift oversteer is spot on. It's only a matter of attitude.

Answering Spinelli, when you downshift with my mod the engine overev reaching +1000 or +2000 rpm above rev limiter