Any more 1967 tracks in the works?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GCCRacer, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Silverstone Loch Drummond and Mores are definitely up there with the AC tracks quality wise.
    rF2's reputation for poor graphics has probably been caused by unfinished and abandoned poor quality conversions from the early days though.
    That said there seems to have been a big improvement in the quality of some of the tracks released recently. Its just a shame that there aint a few more of them.

I noticed that Culmone is doing a texture pack for rF2 Monaco. Always did like his stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

:eek:

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Where are these shots taken from--rF2 or rF1 or GPL? When photo-realistic textures are used, it can be heard to tell!

4. filippu

filippu Registered

Those are pics posted some 4 years ago on F1classic...

5. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What a shame they do look good

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That was my point. Photo realistic textures and proper lighting is 99% of what's required for the wow factor. Not much else.

8. isamu

isamu Registered

Still no news on any of these DD?

9. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I would love to see rF2 become the basis for vintage/classic racing. ISI showed their support by starting with the Spark, Eve, and BT20 cars, as well as Monza and Spa, when rF2 was in early beta. They've continued with the Howstons and the revised BT20. I think we need to show our support by participating in servers that host these cars and tracks. Maybe then the modding community will see the interest. SR4L and F3 Fanatics are hosting on a regular basis, for example; and participation is good. That's encouraging.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

WRRacing.net is doing a Howston Endurance series on Tuesdays ;)

11. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Good on ya, mates. I'm wary of 90 minute races, though I hope to join you.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hey, my old thread is back... over 18 months later, not really much news on the 1967 front. Sergio did an early 70's Hockenheim for which I donated, but I don't think it ever went out of beta. We've got a few nice cars for the era but no tracks to race on, and it doesn't help that ISIs Monaco (which is toroughly awesome looking still) doesn't work for half the mods out there (harbour chicane crashes...)

13. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Hey, Woodee. I can't seem to connect to your website any more.

@ GCCRacer: Some of us are more persistent than others. ;) And some of us never give up hope even when we probably should. :D

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yeah, to be fair I haven't yet properly mastered the historic tracks we already have.

Generally it seems that tracks is the one thing holding RF2 back. We don't even have all modern F1 tracks in decent quality (even including the rips from other games). We don't have all the WEC tracks. In fact we don't have any complete trackset from any decade...

While I understand how hard it is to mod, and have deep admiration for anyone who spends his valuable free time on it, I do wonder about the abundance of "cllub style" circuits that come out of the community.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

We are moving hosts.

16. buzard

buzard Registered

AC is much easier to convert tracks and cars from other sources. Also original cars and tracks can be made easier than other sims. That is why modders are switching to AC. It's not better, just easier.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's easier to look good in AC. There are some quality scratch-made tracks in the works and a couple already released. I got in touch with the author of Donington Park and though it is a longshot, he would consider porting his track to rF2. He probably still is maybe 3-4 months away from deeming his AC Donny complete so while it will be a while, there's hope.

18. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

I really wish ISI would take on the more historic route and enhance this part of the sim. They could become the leader in this field and step out of the battle with Pcars and AC which frankly they are losing. Sadly Pcars will be releasing a historic track pack and I can see a lot moving over to this for their historic fix. However RF2 has the edge on the physics so if they gave us the content, I don't think any other sim could touch them.

Please ISI, please consider giving us at least some more historic tracks, Rouen, Reims, A1 Ring, Silverstone, Zandvoort, The Glen etc.

19. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

pcars fight with Asseto and rf2 against iRacing and gsc , compare pcars with rf2 is ridiculous

20. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Totally disagree. The volume of sales Pcars has had is incredible and the user base is huge. That is hurting all titles across all platforms from Forza, Gran Turismo, F1 2015 to Assetto Corsa, IRacing and RF2. It's simply not as black and white as you would like to think.