Any more 1967 tracks in the works?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GCCRacer, Nov 14, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Lots of decent and some very good tracks coming out these days... given that our historic carset pretty much centers on that particular year, is anyone working on some historic tracks of that era? I would kill errr.. donate large amounts of money for a really high quality Le Mans 1966/1967 layout. 1966 has to be one of the most iconic years of Sports Car racing, when Ford finally managed a win over Ferrari. And F1 ran at Bugatti Circuit for this one year only, so a perfect dual-use/reuse location...

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+ over 9.000

Especially with isi cars already in place, 60's open wheelers, howstons, its just waiting for leagues and the rest to be picked up and immortalize rf2 for the classics era.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My hope is GPL modders and community embrace it and we will have full seasons sure as there is sunshine. ( this has never ever been done before "properly" )

It is the only true progression if you love historics, what else is out there comes even close. :)

AC pCARS , GSC , iRacing ? lol hardly !

4. isamu

isamu Registered

Indeed. I would love to someday have an amount of old 60's tracks that approach that of GPL. But man, in particular are two that I would KILL for.....

Dundrod

Isle of Mann

...these are two of the absolute greatest race tracks I've ever driven on(from GPL) and Jim Pearson did a superb job on them. I would like to see him(or anyone else) make these tracks for rFactor(or AC or pCars for that matter).

5. Lo01

Lo01 Registered

and Dijon Presnois french GP... :eek:

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Maybe we could make a petition to Jim headed by rF2 modders.

Do a respectful good job of Dundrod and Isle of Man "revised" and who knows he may open up and give early help for IOM "Full Road"

One thing for sure if they emerged ripped on fav rF2 sites he will never allow it.

Often makes me wonder these dopes that put up vids and screens and link rips, their egos arebigger then their brains.

Keep that up we will never get Full Road unless Gran Turismo does it.

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1 for historic tracks.

my suggestion: Watkins Glen and Riverside.

P.S. and Historic Oulton Park will be a dream :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Somebody mention Oulton?

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Mauro...

Excellent vids, youv`e brought back memories there.

I must fire up dear old Gpl and take a trip down memory lane. :)

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Ideally, if someone could fix the existing ones, that would be cool too. The ISI tracks and Longford are great, but most of the others are rF1 level.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

rFactor 2 could be the successor of GPL for classic racing and I'd back it 100%. Watkins, Mosport, and Rouen would be a killer combo.

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Oulton, Machwerk, I.O.M and Dundrod are out there on the Interweb but they are rough conversions obviously without permission, Would be great to see those tracks done properly.

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yeah, that's actually the only four historics I run, the others are meh.

I still think that Circuit de Sarthe/Bugatti would make the most "bang for buck" sense right now. Historic Prototypes AND Formula 1 in a single location.

14. rhs

rhs Registered

Another great track is Schottenring 67; I'm still driving this track in Simbin's GTR Evo and in the (old) rFactor; can't wait to drive that with the great ISI Historic Cars in rFactor 2...

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

............as long as we keep talking about them we will never have them, don't people get it ?

What people did to Jim because " it's only GPL " was so despicable :eek: :mad: and worse of all no one from other sims gave 2 flying ducks

Same thing happened with SlimJim ? rFactor people could'nt shut up about it, no respect then they all ripped it ! It's okay it is only GPL ? ! lmao

This was not some conversion of a conversion ripped. This track was made by one person , never done before.

Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I did say I would like to see the tracks done properly Durge !

17. isamu

isamu Registered

Great vids.

At this point, I wonder if it would be better for the modders to simply move over to AC and bring their tracks to that sim instead? Because that game is the one that seems to be getting all the attention these days, because of superior physics, ffb and graphics. Maybe ISI should sell this franchise to Kunos?

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Isamu wrote : "At this point, I wonder if it would be better for the modders to simply move over to AC and bring their tracks to that sim instead? Because that game is the one that seems to be getting all the attention these days, because of superior physics, ffb and graphics. Maybe ISI should sell this franchise to Kunos?"

I think the opposite, physics & ffb are far superior here, but I agree with you on graphics -but I'd rather have it this way round as physics/ffb more important to me
    I also fear that modders will move to AC also

19. tjc

tjc Registered

:confused:

20. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I seriously don't get it. Physics and FFB in RF2 are definitely *much* better than Assetto Corsa. And yes, feel free to disagree. On the graphics side, I've said this already elsewhere, I don't see any major improvement that AC brings, apart from great replays. Always IMHO. And no, I don't see that "attention is all going to AC these days" either.