Rfactor crashing at start up or after one lap...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Finn Dog, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

Hi All,

I’m having an issue with R factor 2 crashing either at the screen just before you start racing or after about one lap.

The screen will go black and the sound freezes. Pressing Ctrl, altr, delete says R-factor has stopped responding.

The only track I have is Silverstone and Clio’s.

I believe it is my computer as I tried Asetto Corsa and that did something similar.

I have just installed a new i5 processor, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H and fresh installation of Windows 7.

I’m trying to track down the cause and these are the things I’ve tried so far.

Update Fanatec CSR wheel driver
    Update Bios
    Update HD7970 driver
    Single screen instead of triple
    Running as Admin
    Disabled on board Graphics in Bios.
    Reinstalling R-factor 2.

I’ve not done anything in BIOS and it’s running as it came?

One thing I did think was odd was when I checked my system rating everything was around 7 apart from 3D business and gaming graphics which was only 2.2!

If anyone has some more suggestions I can try tonight I would appreciate it?

Thanks in advance

Grant.

Powercolor HD7970
    i5 processor
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H
    750 WATT POWER SUPPLY
    8GB DDR3 1600MHZ FAST MEMORY (16GB MAX)

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Could be the graphics card, try Silverstone with lower Texture Details. I believe some textures like grass are extra-large on this track and you card memory might not be sufficient.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your system might be using the on-chip graphics of the i5 processor rather than the dedicated card. Do you have your monitor plugged into the motherboard, or the graphics card?

4. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

I did think something like that may have happened as my graphic score is low and maybe this is why I've had problems. However I've plugged my monitors into the card and disabled on board graphics in Bios. Also 7970 is showing as the graphics card in R-factor configuration, is there anything else I need to do?

Will check the details setting but pretty sure I was on medium anyway.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Just hoping I can get it resolved tonight and start racing again.

5. Finn Dog

Finn Dog Registered

Finally got it running last night. Had my original overclock settings running in AMD Catalyst centre but for some reason I have to run stock setting with my card for R factor 2 to run.

If I try and increase the setting in AMD over drive I can only get to the screen prior to racing and then it crashes