ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Only an essential part of most races :(

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Animated pitcrews are an essential part of most races, in the same way that animated marshalls are an essential part of all races (well, maybe SOME exceptions, rally, oval, maybe some more). And as far as I know (although I must admit I don't have most other titles, mainly due to a lack of time to even play one :p )other sims/games don't have that..... And if you act as if the missing of animated pitcrews is the reason to give up on a game..... well, then in my opinion you can give up on almost all games, because marshalls are more needed (cause used more) then pitcrews, and I really don't know a current sim that has both!!!

To me, animated pitcrews aren't essential at all, because I can perfectly race without it. I would defenitly love it, but I can imagine A LOT of stuff with more priority ;)

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No. Getting your car serviced in the pit is essential. Having the crew animated and visible is eye candy.

4. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

no it adds to the realism of the sim

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

So does leaves on the track but unless the leaves affect the physics of the car what is the point of them.

6. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

spoils the immersion the pitstop does not seem real imho

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is quite silly arguing against the immersion and benefits of an actual pitcrew, doing whatever motions they may be. At least someone standing around the car or even in the garage would be immersive. Equating that to truly irrelevant things like leaves or just arguing against it because it's not available, is immature. AC and pCARS will have full pitstops and that's quite cool. They also will have fully functional pitstops by launch.

Getting the pitcrew to work would require focus by someone as it has to be made to match the tire and fuel cap placement for each car model. It is fully understandable. I'd love to see the games I like to play or intend to play having features I want, features I find cool, and both. Trying to belittle other games is of no benefit to anyone, it's like politicians attacking each other on debates instead of detailing their own action plans.

Back on the topic of tracks, I am very curious to find out about the new shaders being applied to existing ISI content - though I figure it'll be done over the next couple of years as things are hopefully brought to the same baseline - and which modders will actually put the effort into applying it to their tracks.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I was never arguing against animated pit stops. I was merely pointing out that other sims won't in any way leave rF2 in the dust because they might get animated pit stops sometime in the future.

Also the lack of animated stops does not in any way restrict our possibilities of racing right now, which is why it can't be a priority.

Also, regarding the Panoz, some people just need to open up their minds a bit imo... it's a fantastic car, it fits most ISI tracks plus a lot of third party tracks, it was released for free, yet no one uses it. Maybe make a tiny effort before discarding the car, like so many have done?

Saying ISI are wasting their time and resources bringing us free content... hmm, don't know what that would do to my motivation and enthusiasm if I were a dev... :rolleyes:

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Still LOL'ing :D

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Maybe just an animated lollipop man would be a good compromise then, seeing the difficulties to make animations for all different car types. At least something which makes it more natural where to stop rather than a semi-transparent red icon which you often miss.

11. Patronic

Patronic Banned

I think you lost a bit the view for what is important for a racing simulation... You`re not programming a farming simulator...

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Are you completely sure about that..? :rolleyes:

13. Comante

Comante Registered

How you know what they are doing ? And why ? If they want to fill the landscape with animals each one with a AI, and give them a full lifecycle, they are free to do it. And you are free to not buy their product or ask a refund.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nothing easier than second guessing...

For real, if ISI were to make a farming simulator I'd definitely buy it! :p

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Well we need to understand what's simulator means and what's is part of the simulation and what's is just art asset. If we have to apply your concept to everything else in the track we may remove everything but the track itself as TSOs, structures, nation waving flags, wind socks, marshal huts, toilette, overheads, wires, forks, ambulances, trucks, TSO cars etc.... They are not part of the simulation, at all. You don't need them to drive and race, as for cows and horses. They're just art assets to give you more immersion and environment realism.

The animated pit crew it is NOT part of a simulator, it's just another art asset as the pitstop functionality (which is the part of the simulation) it's working with pit crew or not, unless you think we need a 3D model of a man using a tire drill to change your tires. :)

16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

If you're so reluctant to add the already-existing pitcrews into the actual content, at least please just make the pit boxes more visible! The current vague red arrows are so easily lost in the background. I can't tell you how many FSR drivers have missed their pitboxes this year because they couldn't see their pitboxes. And before you say they should look more carefully, these are some of the best sim racers you will see.

It was way clearer in rFactor 1, where it was a solid red squared line on the ground, it was clear as daylight.

This is another reason people are clamoring for animated pitcrews - so they can find their pit boxes a bit easier.

17. Miro

Miro Registered

I am all in for the lolipop man. IMO perfect solution if we are at it now and he already does his job in devmod good enough.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

NASCAR style pit signs with an editable template would be much easier on the FPS than a 3d character IMO.

[​IMG]

19. Justy

Justy Registered

I agree that maybe the red arrow/box could be made a bit more visible, or as was already suggested, a dude weilding a lollipop would be a nice compromise. In fairness I've not actually missed my pit spot in a race yet, because I'm already looking for it as I enter the pitlane. That said I do understand people's frustrations with that.

Animated pitcrews would be nice for sure, but I would much rather see improvements elsewhere in the sim first, if I'm honest. Weather effects (graphically) should be a higher priority in my opinion, which I'm not suggesting ISI drop everything, to implement right away either.

I really don't get the whole comparing what one sim has over another.. That poor horse has been flogged enough already. ;-)

Just my 2 pennies worth.

EDIT: Jamie's suggestion is a good one too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah, maybe a simple lollipop man would prevent people from abandoning rF2... no seriously it's a good idea, I'm all for it. :)

It's weekend, don't expect me to take anything too seriously lol. :D