ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

A Big Thumbs up!!!!! Sharing knowledge only helps make the 3rd party content better! In turn the public gets better tracks down the road!

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

As do I. Simply because it's hella cool of them.

4. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Couldn't have said it better myself.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I'd be more impressed if it involved some reciprocation. It's great to be generous. Just better to make sure the subject of the generosity believes in the same philosophy. Otherwise, "sometimes fences make for better neighbours."

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The subject being the modder? Or are you saying we should to ask the modder to ask Kunos to give him a license to convert something for rF2? To be honest, I'm not worried enough about getting something back to stop myself doing nice things.

edit: ...for the sim community

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great. I am looking forward to finding out Kunos' response to a modder wanting to do the reverse and bring something from AC or netKar Pro over to rF2.

8. 88mphTim

Well, that would be his decision. Not that it would be any reason to think any more or less of someone for their own business decision. See the whole SIMBIN conversion saga for more information. :)

9. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Dude you're missing the whole point. ISI is cool BECAUSE they don't expect reciprocation. Peace bro. Love thy neighbor. Quit keeping score. Kunos may be different and they may have very good reasons for whatever they decide. ISI is cool because they CAN be cool which is cool but others may not be able to be cool and that is cool. Cool?

10. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

A good choice has (usually) good consequences. No matter it's a yes or a no. Sorry for the Monkness lol...just to say sometimes you may think there is war or a fight... where there isn't any.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's a small world. Long story short. I hated this one guy I worked with a few years ago, wanted to tell him to F off a few times but didn't just to keep things civil. I don't want to work out of town now because I enjoy spending time with my son. I looked for jobs in town and had an interview with this guy that I hated. Well I got the job because he knows the work I can do. Now I'm working in town so I can spend more time with my son. If I would have told this guy off a few years ago I doubt things would have worked out the way they did. :)

12. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agree 100 pct :)

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Speaking of AC- they are getting animated pit stops soon. rF2 still has no animated pit stops. Little by little AC is eating ISI's lunch and rF2 has no answer for any of it.

It'd be nice if little things like animated pit stops were implemented so some players came back because right now, rF2 numbers are WAY down and AC has plenty.

15. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Also speaking of AC: Their forums are locked to anyone not owning a license (although you can register, you can't read or post). Bit of a bummer on the mod side of things because you can always learn a few things looking at projects/techniques for other games. Sharing of modding knowledge benefits the entire community regardless of platform. So much for that. Also makes it difficult to see if your stuff is converted without permission. :/

16. Superdevil

Superdevil Registered

Animated Pit stops?!? Oh My! That seals it. I'm leaving this antiquated game behind.

Goodbye rF2, with your Real Road enhanced dynamic changing track including wet and dry lines, variable weather effects, full day AND night racing, advanced physics including Chassis Flex, animated Starters and Marshals, Resume from Replay feature, continued release of cars and tracks at no additional charge.

I'm leaving you all behind for DOF blur, Photo mode, purchaseable DLC, and... animated pit stops. ;)

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

:D

18. 88mphTim

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ask away, lordpansington, I occasionally check there and keep up to date.

Modding techniques should be no different to those used for content here. I know when building cars that some parameters are automatically adjusted by the game editor dependent on the inputs in other areas, as well as something not too dissimilar with tires. There's a nice Donington Park built from the ground up that I've mentioned being ported to rF2 to the modder, maybe once he finishes there someone could step up to offer assisting on that port. It'd be a great addition to a sorely needed line-up!

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No, it's not cool when you are so laid-back and relaxed/zen as to be horizontal. Others can drive right over you in that position. If rF2 was a market leader and ISI wanted to be exceptionally generous, I would not have the slightest concern. When rF2 is a niche product that could easily slide far enough into ultra-niche oblivion to be ignored by the modding community, let alone the standard customer, then it's not cool to give away any advantage (a functioning oval track) that might generate interest in your product versus the competitors.

I don't perceive any war. Just a struggle to maintain relevance in a hotly contested market populated primarily by racers who are not so interested in hard core realism as almost everyone in this forum.