New rotation 12th Nov

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Ctuchik, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

So we got some new cars/track combinations.

Looks like:

Open-Wheel: Skip Barber on Lime Rock. Great combo, will be interesting to see if we get some good racing here. I'm guessing we'll see some really fast times here, someone already posted a low 58.x.

Historics: Howstons at old Spa. I haven't spent a lot of time with this car/track, but I've seen people raving about it on here. No idea what the pace is here, people are posting ~4min times at the moment.

Special: Formula 2 2012 at Palm Beach. Tons of fun, but will be challenging to have clean races. Again not sure about pace, but 1:05.xxx is pretty fast.

The touring and GT servers are still empty, so not sure what cars are available.

2. goerekt

goerekt Registered

howston at spa and f2 at palm beach! YES!

12th Nov btw

3. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Will be certainly giving the skippy a go, will be interested to see how it compares to iRacing's version. I always enjoyed that so hopefully this will be just as good.

Will also give the Howston a go, though I don't expect to make it past the first corner ;)

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Howstons at Spa will be a blast :) I guess people who had fun at Brianza last week will give this combo a go, too. These cars are as fast as the F1 cars, so I would expect laptimes around 3:25's.

That means 11 laps will be a 40 min race here. Now the laps has to be adjusted again :) Maybe 6 laps or so should be better?

5. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

I have to say that I am not a fan of Howstons at Old SPa. It's too difficult. I can appreciate for some it's an interesting challenge but I think it's a real shame to lose the Brabhams at Brianza for this.

Most people i think will try it and give up fairly quickly.

My opinion is that we need to keep the Brabhams going coz they are epic racing and not so hard to pick up. And they need to be there permanently so players get to know it like the meganes.

My ideal scenario would be to add Spa (4laps) and Hockenheim (i realise that isn't available yet) to the Brabham/Brianza server we had last week. Unfortunately I think Monaco would be carnage.

rFactor2 is not easy in terms of modding so I think it's crucial that the official servers have to be compelling and accessible.

My opinion.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah I think 11 laps is a mistake actually. 11 laps was fitting for Brianza (a bit too long imo but Tim wanted 20 min race). I think they simply forgot to reduce the amount of laps when they changed to Spa. I'm sure it will be corrected :) Imho 5 laps is enough.

I love the combo and I sure would appreciate if people gave it a chance and actually tried to learn the car and track. It was awesome to have so many players driving Brabhams last week. A few months ago the Brabham was the only car I drove, and I had no one to compete with online, so last week was awesome.

So I can see your point and I agree. The Brabham is quite easy to drive and because they were so successful, ISI should take advantage of that and keep running them. Maybe with 3 tracks in rotation because for me, Brianza becomes a bit boring after only a few races. And opposite to you, I'd love Monaco to be included in the track rotation, but I understand it could be a carnage...

But I think the idea was to bring a new car/track combo for every week so...

7. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

Maybe the Howstons can be good at Spa with less laps. I just think that we should have the brabhams going permanently.

Last week was epic fun :)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Everything is set properly now (I think).
    GT is 370z @ Mores 30mins
    Historics is Howston @ Belgium 15mins
    Touring is Clio @ Mills Inner C
    Open-wheel is Skip Barber @ LRP Full
    Special is F2 @ Palm Beach

Let me know feedback on the lengths as they now are, etc. Have to try to get people to try something new, the only way to learn a track, learn a car is by running laps.

Also let me know any configuration changes, I'm fairly new to having to remember all this. :)

9. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Looking forward to trying these out over the next few days. Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

Thanks Tim. How many mins or laps for these combinations?

11. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

OK let me clarify my position on the Howston/Spa combo....awesome!

15 minutes is much better and Tim is right you just got to get people to do the laps...i still think it's a shame to lose the Brabhams, can we have them back soon please.

Losing the hay bails at eau rouge would help a lot of races at the start...

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

There's no incentive to stay and finish a race for me if one of two things happens:

1. I wreck or damage my car, or
    2. I have a giant lead and am bored out of my skull.

It's not like we get championship points towards anything - - might as well go find another server with people in it instead of riding around damaged for nothing or bored out of your skull with nobody to race.

13. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

Errr same as all races? I know what you mean though...this combo is difficult, the brabhams were much closer racing

14. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

It would be cool if ISI was able to implement a championship points system though for their official servers. Setting up race seasons in various mods, collecting race results and then averaging race points (best XX% of your total races during each week) and include a few drop weeks to come up with a championship system.

You give folks a lot bigger reason to race and stay and race then.

15. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

Well there is LiveRacers which logs your stats, best times and race wins etc...it also has live server feed etc

16. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

Well it has to be said that there are more people on the Historics now but races degenerate pretty quickly. Turn one is invariably a pile up...if you dont qualify top 6 you probably wont get through.

The combo itself is definitely a full on blast and takes a good few laps to appreciate it.

Is there any chance of changing the race time to dusk or something so we can have some headlight effects etc? That would be a great touch I think.

17. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

When is the next rotation?

18. 88mphTim

Mon night/Tuesday. Depending on my time to do it.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

19. yifter

yifter Registered

Pease Tim keep a server with skippys @ LRP, pretty please :rolleyes:

20. 88mphTim

It's tempting to leave some of the more popular ones in rotation, as that makes the newcomer that much more a part of a vivid community. I'm still thinking stuff like that over, and watching how people use the servers. :)