any hope?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Tiger

Tiger Registered

since two years RF2 is in beta stage... when it should have been 6 months as stated before release....
    now, do we have a single chance to have an RF2 simulator working bugless?
    and secondly, how long will it takes?
    because, I guess that I'm not alone asking this question, so for true information, please ISI answer to this.
    needless to say that I'm disapointed, even if some significantly progress have been done.
    a long way to go before what I'm asking turns to be real....
    and as usual, I'll wait, hopefuly less that a few month.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Considering rFactor 1 isn't bugless, it's not possible for you to get the assurances you request for rFactor 2. No developer should ever give you that assurance about any software, or they'd be lying to you. Though it is always the goal, software doesn't happen that easy.

What exactly are you waiting for?

Although I know other sites are still throwing it around whenever mentioned, we actually haven't used the term beta now for a long time.

3. Black75

Black75 Registered

i think we (the customers) are watching the growth, side-by-side, step by step, brick after brick.... together with ISI staff, of our "precius" (Gollum style ^_^')... isn't this a funny thing?

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hope? The game is not in beta stage anymore and honestly I don't think there are that many bugs. Anyway, I have never played a game that is totally free from bugs, even when it's considered as "finished", which rf2 is not. Every new build will probably have some bugs... It seems it's good enough for league racing because I've had no problems racing with my league, and I enjoy it. There has been some serious game breaking bugs earlier, but with this build I can't find any? Of course there are graphics bugs but they are not ruining my gameplay.

The only thing that is annoying me when it comes to league racing (or, especially league racing) is the collision physics. We are running 60's F1 in my league and the collision physics is ridiculous at times. Any contact with another vehicle will always end with disaster, although the contact is very light. This will surely be improved over time, but it should be very high priority and it's a bit disappointing that it's not good enough yet.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Have to agree with Hedlund, we can easily make a list of little annoyances and bugs, even some that should not be there at all or are taking too long (in our minds anyways) but it is ready to be used as a sim.

And we're critical as well and don't mind to speak up when we think things are off. But it wont stop us from using it and imo you're losing out bigtime in sim-fun by ignoring it.

Unless of course you have substantial game breaking issues.

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I "Hope" one day that my ATI card will be on par with a similar nvidia card... ;)

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

"Me also" I think the software designers at ATI are playing anywhere else but at there desks fixing MY card issues :) J/K
    My card works...but I don't expect any sort of guaranty..Even though it makes me mad I can't make things look good.

Dave

NRT

8. clevytr6

clevytr6 Registered

Considering how little features were released with AC after much more was expected and the long development time of pCars, I thought these silly sad faced posts would be a thing of the past. Stop the whining and get to driving. If you can't see by now that great things takes great time, I don't know what to tell you. I personally like the early releases, as the updates and additional content always gives me something new to look forward to and enjoy.

9. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I hope one day people will learn to make more than two word headlines, so I don't have to waste my time....:mad:

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

[​IMG]

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

LoL! :D