Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Intresting :) No it's just possible under same conditions and environment. Would mean, matching up settings and use the same car and track.

2. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

How dare you apply reason and logic to this, or any, forum discussion!! The nerve!! :cool:

3. osella

osella Registered

It's people's nature to compare everything with everything, happens in different game genres too, also in sports and everything. "hey this muay thai is completely useless against xyz, oldschool boxer would kill him"

Often those comparisons lack any sense yes :)

4. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

HAHAHHA

good one.

5. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

please close this stupid comparison threads.all of them.

6. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I don't think closing these threads is needed. Just that readers should not take any of them seriously lol

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I actually don't recall that many physics bugs in rF2 on the first build. Aside from some collision bugs causing cars to fly in the air when contacting other cars or objects or bottoming on a curb. A lot of those problems were actually netcode prediction problems. But cars didn't float around the track without the wheels turning. Or when locking the brakes and doing a burn out the front wheels didn't magically slide sideways. Cars didn't pivot on the center as if it was a boat. Cars couldn't continue to turn even when the front wheels were blocked.

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Im about to make a thread called "rf2 VS Super Mario Bros"

9. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

There's no point, SMB is obviously simcade.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

o_O whoooooot? No way!!! Hardcore sim! You are mixing your feelings with the obvious truth.

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

The physics guy behind the development of Super Mario Bros, says otherwise! ;)

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

It seems the physics of the brothers are good anyway, otherwise the brothers would already resting. :)

13. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

You bring up some good points. I won't defend the things that are wrong with AC, as there is no rational defense. Just it's too early to really judge it, in my opinion. Lets see how it turns out in the long run. These sims are pretty damned cheap price wise, so I can find no reason not to buy them and use them as they are.

For me though rF2 gets the least of my play time in sims...

14. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Thank you!

Like what you like. Play what you like. Let others do the same.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yep. It's a very interesting discussion here but sometimes it turns into to much offensive argumentation. Yes there are many things to solve but on the other hand they work hard and in my opinion
    try to do as fast and good as it is possible. Maybe I've missed something that justifies this from time time harsh tone ^-^ ? I enjoy this forum and I'm every day here to read what's going on. Over the time I noticed here are many users with a professional background and in all ok most :) posts they act like this. So I'm really surprised that the discussion here is done so emotional :confused:
    I want not believe some guys here mean it in the same way as it sounds. So please stay cool and professional as always. It is still enough room for two simulations. If things turn in the right direction, why should it not possible that all have an advantage?
    All = racers and Devs / Publishers

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
  16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Without discussion, forums would not exist. If only logic was allowed they would also be mostly empty :D Personally, I like forums and lots of discussion.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

And it's one of the most amusing ways of free entertainment available on the internet :D

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've been doing some more driving today. I think I managed to find ok FFB settings. Lowering the gain gave me a little more feel but it added a huge dead zone in the ffb in the center. I tried to increase spring and damping effect in logitech profiler, from 0% to 80%, and it reduced the "dead zone" feel.

Still can't enjoy lapping with any of the cars in AC though... I have no fun. I don't know how to express it (escpecially not in english), all I can say is that there is something that doesn't feel natural to me. I've been watching some replays too and seen some strange car behavior when going over curbs very careless and I've also watched some videos in this thread showing strange car behavior.

My brother tried a few laps too (Lotus Elise at Imola) and his reaction was "wow I thought I was going to spin" when he made a mistake in the corner entry where he threw the car in very carelsess but was not punished by the car.

Well... at least I've purchased it, so I hope I can enjoy it sometime in the future. Right now I can't see one single reason to spend my time with AC when I have rF2.
    I've seen some pics of a very good looking Ferrari 312T F1 at least.. ;) (but I'm very disappointed in the Lotus 49 so my expectations are not very high)

19. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Hedlund, I've read from the AC forum that to counter the deadzone they advise you to use the ingame damping and set it to around .15 (offcourse tweakable for your own feeling). Have you also tried that?
    Don't know how it scales compared to the Logitech Profiler damping offcourse but just an idea :)

20. Xavier Leggett

Xavier Leggett Registered

I purchased Assetto Corsa a couple of days ago--hell, maybe it's already been a week by now--but my overall impression is, I simply love it. It's a joy to drive. My favorite car to drive, by far, is the BMW M3 GT2. My favorite course is the 1966 Brianza. rF2 also has Brianza in three configuration, one of which is roughly the same configuration as the Assetto Corsa' 1966 Brianza. So naturally I wanted to conduct my own, highly non-scientific comparison of the two courses.
    So I started off in Assetto Corsa's Brianza, driving the BMW and was immediately struck by how bright and spacious these circuit was. That was the first thing I noticed. The second was a true sense of speed--it felt like I was actually going someplace in that BMW.
    Then I tried the rF2's Brianza in the Nissan 370. The first thing I didn't like--and have frankly never liked about rF2's Brianza (even BEFORE the release of Assetto Corsa)--is having to start at the 'backside' of the garage area, making that tight-ass right turn onto the pit, then, if you haven't run into anything, get out onto the circuit and do some driving. But once you do, it's fun as hell. rF2's Brianza feels tighter, it's somewhat darker, and it's claustrophobic as hell. Plus, I didn't get that same sense of speed that I got while driving the BMW on Assetto Corsa's Brianza. (Then again, it might be my car choice between the games, but I don't think so.) Besides my lap times between the two different games and different cars were roughly the same.
    So, while I thoroughly enjoyed driving on the brilliantly lighted noon time race in Assetto Corsa's Brianza; I had just as much fun driving the Nissan 370 on rF2's Brianza (once I got out of the garage area). And as I think about, maybe it's more fun to cruise around a circuit with A.I. competing for the racing line with you--something that Assetto Corsa is currently lacking. Cruising alone can get boring after 20 laps.
    So that's my non-scientific, highly dubious comparison. I love BOTH sim platforms: rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa. Assetto Corsa can only get better, right? Same with rFactor2. What the hell, I love Marvel AND DC, Star Wars and Star Trek . . . So, it would only make sense that I'm enjoying both of these sims . . .

So, is anyone going to start a thread about Simbin's Raceroom Experience? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.