Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes I know, we can call a vote. But often there are not enough voters to proceed to next session, with are 15-20 players in the server... maybe some are "afk", or don't see that there is a vote in progress :p

IsR servers are very popular, and they are only running 15 mins quali (no practice) and then a short race, then they go to next track. I think that is a bit overkill. But when running the same track for a whole week, that could work for LiveRacers/ISI servers. 20-30 min Quali session can be used for practice also, and because the race is short (15-20 min), there is soon time to practice again. And the faster guys that know the track very well don't get bored with 40 min practice left and leave computer until race (and eventually miss the vote for next session, lol :p).

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Probably, yes.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

BT20 at Brianza is 18 laps, with 1:31 laptimes that is 25-30 min race). Qualification is 45 minutes but with only 12 laps allowed. I had no laps left with 30 minutes left of the session ;) (out laps and failed hotlaps are also counted of course).

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Great addition to the forum that new "header" with online races. I never tried rF2 online, mainly because I don't know all "rules" lot of guys seems to know pretty well, and don't want to be painful for others drivers. This make me want to try! :) Ahhhh advertising and Marketing! ;)

Just a remark: The "Join" button should normally launch rF2 executable? I'm asking as to start the Sim I alway go through SimCommander from Simvibe for my BKG2, so I need to know if I will need to change something around this to allow the use of the Join button (later, didn't try yet as I'm at work now).

Edit: Ooohohohh just clicked on banner, and you can see the race live! Waaaoooo, Amazing! Don't laugh please, I'm discovering life men! ;)

5. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Either Tim or myself will get things set up correct.

This is just the first day of the servers, I just put them up to track defaults for Qual and laps.
    Please be patient..:)

Work in progress.. LOL

Have fun and enjoy

Dave

NRT

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

One thing to add. Who ever is doing all this, is doing a good job. The online presence of rf2 is coming together, slowly but good. ;)

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

No megane server ??? lol :D

Thanks ISI. Great addition. Time to mod less and drive more. :cool:

9. 88mphTim

Touring server will have Megane next week (though that could end up being two weeks as this first week might be literally a fine tuning exercise).

The servers are named by the categories you find on our downloads page, if that helps. Historics will have anything historic, Touring will be the Clio, Megane and BTCC car when release, Open wheel obvious, GT all the GT cars, and Special I will vary a bit, so you might see anything on there.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Remember to register guys :)

Already bumped a few people lapping were unaware.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thank you. I was unaware too.
    Linked my rf2 driver too :)

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

what do I get if I register?

13. 88mphTim

Essentially more easy access to your driver info.

You can now add your driver link to your profile here, and it creates a button that goes to your driver page when entered.

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks for the servers Tim/ISI and the live timing is a great addition. What happend to the Camaro @ Loch D server?, cant find it no more. :)

15. 88mphTim

I don't know if I borked it, or if it never worked, but I need to figure that one out, it's trying to annoy me by not working. :)

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Ok thanks, good luck with the gremlins. ;)

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I can see it now, its back. Cheers :)

18. stevo.zilik

stevo.zilik Registered

Currently you are able to control your driver nickname(s) and join into teams.

Soon we will add event and championships registrations, personalized stats etc... so you get more out of it.

Stevo

19. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Hi all and specially Stevo. Valter here from CPSA.

We are on live racers since its begining. We had proposed somethings to Stevo like the server banners, etc and Stevo allways helped. We use Live Racers in every championship banner or race banner. Since we dont charge money to our members thats the way we found to help liveracers platform, advertising it.
    In first "edition" with silverlight problems were regular (who miss that black backgroud? not us for sure).
    But since the update months ago its simply the best feature around.
    It has somethings missing but Stevo is an open person who never refuse a change or a request.
    We have allways around 6 or 7 servers all using Live Racers and not one problem in last months.

What could be done to improve? Well....for us its almost perfect but we will love to have a live ticker with best lap times in server (horizontal scroller) wich we could embed in our site. Apart from that everything is fine and usefull.
    If LiveRacers had the ability to manage results and championships tables than it would be 100% perfect.
    Good work by Stevo.

20. 88mphTim

It works for you? I'm getting some frankly weird stuff... It loads LRP instead, then tells me I have a mismatch.