R/C Racing Mod

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by FuNK!, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jesus!!! Those look like real life. If anyone says the graphics don't have a real-life quality to them here, or are bad, or look like a cartoon, or whatever, I think I'll loose my mind, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

I assume you're using the 5th Scale TGM's we provided with our Formula R/C.. I guess it's safe to presume you're doing a 5th scale mod as well then?
    If so, then a small change to the TGM's should fix your problems. SizeMultiplier=(1,0.966) The 2nd value alters the radius of TGM tyres. If you need 25%, that's a little more than you'd typically want to do through this 'hack', so you could use values such as SizeMultiplier=(1,1.2) as a placeholder. It's very easy for me to make new R/C tyres (they are much simpler than full sized car tyres), but if you need something substantially different (10th scale, or whatever) just let me know.

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you, I may come back to this offer when I've done new meshes ;)

Because of this tire size problem I just resized my meshes so they fit the tire size of the Formula RC. Now everything works well. Maybe this isn't realy but who cares as long it works!?

Just had a little fun today fitting three body shells on my chassis and made a first test run in full field :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

"Fly me to the mooooooooooooon!" :D
    [​IMG]

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

nice to see other models there :) keep going

6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  7. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you very much for your efforts and letting us participate in testing your track ;)

I will hunt down my beta mod on this later and will give you some feedback for sure!

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Racing on this track makes a lot of fun!
    But there are some little problems (at least in my opinion):
    - track's too narrow and would need some more tarmac run-offs in some corners
    - tire barriers in the turning point of a corner are causing trouble with AI cars who try to pass an other car (i.e. crash), I would suggest use some of the cushion instead
    - track side camera group 1 (good for driving) but the "hand held" option should be disabled (too much shake!)
    - curbs have a dark part which looks strange - wouldn't it be better when the curbs would be blue/white only without that part?

Anyhow I'm really looking forward to your update!

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

hey Funk

yea track is little demanding on last few corners with formula rc but i tought maybe slower cars would fit better.did you try to run formula rc on this track?i tested them on 105 str. and 45 agr.

i was using formula rc mod for testing,and i adjusted tire bariers from their driving.and i have tested full race run few times and they all finished the race(except few times bariers was the problem for 2 or 3 of them)

this track have 10 pit spots and 10 start grids so best is using 9 ai.

camera side i just put them for testing i know they need adjustments,but you can press end key on keyboard and then with mouse you have free look and camera shake is gone and you can zoom in\out with num key 1 and 3(you can do that with any camera group)

curbs need fix for sure i didnt play to much with them but i will :)

can you make some pic where would you put more tarmac?any sugestions are welcome!!i will check if is there any info of real dimensons of RC tracks,so if i make another one to have some basic knowlage.i never drove rc cars before :)

thx for feedback

10. fuin

fuin Registered

1/10 scale tyres would be great for the mod I'm making. I tried to make tyres through the tire tool with no luck. View attachment 15826

11. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

I dont know what it is but i love this rc stuff. i find it slightly addictive and its driving the wife mad. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz everywhere. lol
    Ive got 2 questions: 1. is there a template out there to paint the isi car? 2. is isi (or anyone else) planning some more content, ive got a few bits that are cool.
    thanx in advance.

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Because of Niels posting his holiday work (RC Mod for GSCE) I got motivated again to work on this again. I took the same tracklayout as Niels (Hockenheim RC) and build a quick version of it to get a better feeling of bringing a modeled track into the game. Actually this is not that easy as doing cars but I'm making progress :D Made a first AI test by setting some waypoints etc. and it seems to work - despite of some crashes without any failure notice (every time I pass a decent point on the track). Anyhow I think this will be solved later on.

[​IMG]

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Seems I found the source of my errors: The AIW. Guess I need to finetune some WP and spots before the game can load and handle this special track smoothly.

@moderators/admin: would it be possible to move this topic into the series folder!?

14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Do you need some pictures of the hockenheim rc track. Because hockenheim is "near" my hometown. So I could take some photos when I'm back there. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

15. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Oh thank you but I planned to just use the tracklayout and build an indoor RC track of it ;)
    Anyhow if things change I may come back to your offer! Its nice to know :D

16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

You're welcome. Good luck. Looking forward to it.

17. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I've just had a little fun earlier today. Nothing much happens there but these app. 7 minutes do show how the current RC cars behave on the temporary Hockenheim RC layout :cool:

18. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Still waiting for someone to move this topic into the correct subforums :rolleyes:

To short the wait here's something "new" (was announced in the modding forums already...somehow) :cool:

19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Compared to the real live sound, this mod will have the best sound ever.[emoji16]

20. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

LOL...irony!?
    I really don't know if this sound is good or not good, at least it sounds like a R/C vehicle :cool: