GT Endurance Challenge - URD Endurance Mod

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by RJames, Nov 1, 2013.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

Yep i'm planning to stick to 0.8a.

2. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Damnit, just installed the new version without reading this first. Oh well, next time.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Yeah, me too.

4. RJames

RJames Registered

We will be doing more of these thats for sure maybe a weekly or bi-weekly fun race while its in dev.

Absolutely gutted was on my fastest lap of the race aiming for a sub 4 min (le mans) and my screens went black, next thing i saw was the car in the wall.

5. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I lost grip, slowly the car went away, not by far but enough to destroy the car in one of the fastest corners...
    I was going for a pit repair but after returning on track the car stopped working.

Nice little event, trafic was very good, in qualy or in race, to me.
    No lag, no problem.

6. Sonic Young

Sonic Young Registered

Sadly I lost connection after almost 30 min of race =(
    But apart from that it was a lot of fun! Hope I'll get another chance ;)

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Cool event, hoping for more, i will attempt everytime when i will be availablea, thanks to everybody and cg to finishers (sadly, only two of us)

8. RJames

RJames Registered

How did everyone find the damage settings? I reduced it to 30% so that the cars could stand up to a few knocks etc. I was behind quite a large incident on lap one on the run to Indianapolis of which a couple of cars hit the wall and spun around. I saw they carried on so what's everyone's thoughts? I didn't want it so you touch a wall and the car no longer is drivable but at the same time so that the cars are indestructible.

Feedback in any form is very welcome so we can put the changes into the next race.

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I was spun round on lap one and was very relieved to see no damage, although I didn't actually go into the wall somehow.

I had a couple of missed braking points at Indianapolis that cost me a head on visit to the barrier, but i only sustained cosmetic damage after the second time. Maybe a little bit too robust, but if it keeps people in the race then it's all good as far as I'm concerned. It would still kill the car on a big impact, but you get some chances in a long race. There may only have been 1 finisher if it was any higher %.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Btw nice to meet you mikeecz, nice drive!

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I am completelly happy with 30% damage Rob J, for the reasons Rob L said, it keeps people in race.

Rob L: ye it was cool, i completelly lost track which Rob is which i dont even know which one of you have finished, but i do know that both of you were driving great, so cant wait to croos my tyres with you again!

12. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Haha I finished, and you have kind words about my videos!

Other Rob made the race happen, top job

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

im quite familiar with you Robs here on forum, but in race, full names where used and i dont use any HUD or the spike nickanme thingy triggered by
    , i admint i used HUD this race as Arthur Merlin doesnt have cockpit model yet, but i dont use HUD when i dont have to :) that is why i got very unsure about which of you is which (in race). I know you are the Rob "my editing hero" guy here on forum :)

14. RJames

RJames Registered

Ok guys, to re-kindle this anyone up for another this Sat?

I was thinking Loch Drummond, 1 hour race again with 1 required pitstop. Same times.

Let me know what you think.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Not sure if Loch isnt too small track, but might be full of action for it, but im in

16. Sonic Young

Sonic Young Registered

I think it could be fun on Loch, love the track. Anyway I'll try to join too =)

17. RJames

RJames Registered

Ok i've setup the server now and its live under the name "URD Fun Loch Drummond" Qualifying starts at 6pm GMT.

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Good race, gratz.. My engine blew up for no obvious reason, the downshift at which it blew up was from 6500 RPM to 7200 RPM, i checked the replay. Must have been malfunction, anyway congratz to all finishers

19. RJames

RJames Registered

Thanks for the racing, was a good night again albeit a very tough track especially with wearing out tyres!

Lets start thinking about next week, any track preference?

Rob

20. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Good fun, a little bit tricky to came 3 minuts before the start but no problem after all.
    Thanks guys, it was nice.

See you next week ! :)