BTCC honda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ddd01, Oct 31, 2013.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

:(

I'll take it from this Silverstone will be getting a major overhaul at some point, because the corner required is already there. I can almost drive the track as it is.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Jonny Palmer needs a stiff drink before negotiations start, good luck with that! Target the non Motor Sport Vision tracks like Thruxton & Knockhill, once Palmer sees them alongside a BTCC car in game his arm maybe more twistable!

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye that is right, that Megane is an extreme race conversion, it is very very fast, faster than GT3 cars, people often dont realize it because its just a megane :) very lightweight and tons of downforce, making it very fast in corners, i believe GT3 cars have higher top speed, but not sure there

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah maybe too much for the Civic, I'll have a look when it's released though as a field of 29 Civics will be boring :p

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Major is relative really depending on what issue there is you have with it. But yes there will be updates.

6. 88mphTim

Knockhill is quite likely, through Gordon. Already been talking for a while, I'm maybe 70% sure it'll happen.

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Ooh nice Knockhill is a fun track.

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Like the only actuall Scottish track :-D would love to see it in rf2, was playing with thought of moving down to Edinburgh just to be closer to it.

9. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Knockhill would be amazing (seriously), but just imagine a public / open server on that , it would be like Plato vs Neal every first corner ;)

10. seancleric

seancleric Registered

:cool: Knockhill in rf2 would be great, Its my local :).

11. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

That could be great. Thruxton it's a good circuit too, there's a quite nice version for Rfactor 1 and i really like it.

In fact i made (collect) myself a BTCC trackpack for Rfactor 1 not so long ago. There is good/great versions of every track, except modern Snetterton.

What does not exist is a good mod of BTCC. Or even WTCC, except Race X wich was a great conversion of Race 07 stuff.

But is rare to see interest in modern Touring Cars for sims and i think they bring the best races and championships. Been in online racing for 6-7 years. I raced with F1 Challenge, GTR2, Live for Speed, Iracing, RACE07 and GTR Evolution, and Rfactor (Historics, Formula Nippon, Touring Car Legends, Enduracers, DRM, PCC07, V8 unleashed...the best mods) and my best memories are from Race07 WTCC cars, STCC, RACE X and TCL.

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Tim, any news about the community questions part 2 ?

sorry for OT

13. 88mphTim

No, I got some done but waiting on troubling the devs until after ny.

14. TJones

TJones Registered

OK, thanks for info.

15. Placido

Placido Registered

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

17. Jello

Jello Registered

Can't wait for this car :) Thnx Tim

18. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Shame about Brands..... If I could have Brands, Buckmore and Lydden Hill I'd never have to leave the house again. Or I would want to visit them more often if I had funds for trackdays and karting. I think that is what these bigwigs don't understand. They should be letting and encouraging software developers to do their circuit for nothing. It's free advertising. Same with car manufacturers, I test drove and then bought a Subaru Impreza because of a game, at the time they weren't that popular and I had to drive 100 mile round trip to get to a showroom. I cannot be the only one! I rarely watch TV, haven't bought a newspaper or magazine for years, I adblock the internet; virtual advertising within games is really the new barely explored frontier. All free advertising is good advertising.

19. David Wright

David Wright Registered

I guess one issue with Brands is they can appear in Gran Turismo and advertise to millions of players, and also get a nice licensing fee. rFactor2 can't offer the same potential audience or licensing fee.

20. Tony

Tony Registered

Haha Marc :D ..liking the sound of those 2 alternatives very much (pCars has done Brands, so maybe Palmer is thinking he can squeeze similar pots of gold out of ISI's pockets?)