The Pits 2013 Fall Endurance Classic

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Jan Kohl, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Jan Kohl

Jan Kohl Registered

2. Jan Kohl

Jan Kohl Registered

Note that the TPTCC server is now running the track and the cars, come on out and join!

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I know someone asked you if there was a specific model and you came back with g4 69 but is it possible to remove the restriction? I know there are reasons for restrictions and I have no problem with restrictions whatsoever as long as the restriction is deliberate and for good reason but in this case it feels somewhat accidental because someone just happened to ask and then you responded by picking a model but it would be unfortunate if person was just asking and/or assuming there would be a restriction and you were assuming that there should be because someone was asking about it and no one really even wants a restriction?

IMO the beauty of the g4s vs the g6s is that there is no clearly dominant model so people can pick what they want.

Of course there are a number of valid reasons to restrict but this just smells like an accidental restriction. If not and restriction is deliberate, based on precedence, etc. then I am totally fine with it (albeit less likely to sign up as I strongly prefer 67 g4:)).

Thanks for listening.

4. Jan Kohl

Jan Kohl Registered

Actually, Galaga, I hear you and I wanted to originally use both models...but we actually did have a good reason to limit it. The problem is that with the limited amount of knowledge we have of both cars, we can't afford to let someone have an unfair advantage because of some unknown benefit from driving a particular model of Howston. If someone from ISI could confirm no advantage to a particular model of Howston, I'm fine with running any/all models.

Note: I have updated the main news, having your own paint scheme is OPTIONAL, but if you want to submit one, make sure I have it before Friday evening (eastern US time).

Cheers!

5. Jan Kohl

Jan Kohl Registered

We've been having some good practice turnouts on the TPTCC server with the Howstons at Spa, feel free to come and join for some fun! Open server!

Cheers!

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sounds good, Jan. Thanks.

7. Jan Kohl

Jan Kohl Registered

For those wondering which server, it is the TPTCC server.