[WIP] Nürburgring GP Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Oct 29, 2013.

1. yoss

yoss Registered

very good and brilliant work mianiak , a lot of fun with the gt3 mod.you are a very talented guy .
    you can't made the real logo because of FIA New rule ??

2. Spiel

Spiel Registered

Great Fun with the FR3.5 :)

3. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thank you mianiak for your great work with this circuit!

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Many thanks for the great track :)

5. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

This track is on rotation with the FR 3.5 2014 on my server "MapleRacing" now.

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Thanks for all the kind words, I'm glad you all like it.

The DRS should work in the sprint. Although I didn't test it personally, but if it's working in the GP Circuit then it should be ok in the Sprint because I just copied the same files in and edited the names.

The billboards,,, well,,, to be honest, that's where I lost the plot. I sat for about 2 weeks staring at my screen not knowing what to do about them, weather to rebuild them from scratch or just update them (mind you I could have rebuilt them from scratch in less than 2 weeks but by then the plot had gone). In the end I just decided to quickly do something/anything just to fill the void. So what ever they are, it's just more or less a place holder.

As for the fantasy name, I'm just feeling things out. I don't want jeopardise anything because I also do this sort of stuff for a job. It's a simple calculation, see a warning, respect it. Plus on the other hand, its not a totally accurate representation of the real track, so it doesn't really deserve the real name.
    Just keep in mind how this project progressed from a lazy conversion for a personal project to an almost totally scratch built track. I had no intention of going this far and was only doing things bit by bit. In the end it became a bit of a nightmare because nothing was ever planned out as opposed to scratch building something and planning the whole thing out from the start where everything fits into place nicely. So I had to make a call, to keep struggling with it, rebuild the whole thing again from scratch, or finish it as it is and move onto the next project.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thanks for the explanation mianiak!

I don't agree with, but it's not my call either, speically not as it could hurt your job-possibilities. Not that I think it would, but it's alright to be extra safe when that is of concern.

8. A13

A13 Registered

Thank you very much
    great track indeed :)

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Pretty impressive filesize for a conversion. That heralds good things, I guess. Thanks for the effort!

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  10. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks for this awesome work.

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Cheers heaps mate, track looks great. Loving taking the Darche and the new FR3.5 around here :D

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm a bit in the same boat. The titles that offered it never made me feel the flow of the layout, and I prefer Hockenheim. But right now this is actually the only available fully legal conversion track that hosts 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 races, it's perfect timing with the recent release of those. And given the shortage of F1 or WEC tracks in good quality, it's much needed (Shangai being high on that list as well, and Austin.)

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Regarding the billboard discussions... I think ISI's Silverstone approach is actually quite clever, even if it's borne out of necessity. A track with no specific banners and boards will be immersive for a multitude of racing - Touring, GT, OpenWheel, whatever is running there for real or in fiction. As the opposite example the ever-present Pirelli/Rolex on all major circuits available today for RF2 is quite an immersion breaker for the WEC carset.

14. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Awesome work, Thanks for your work,:)

15. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Did a few laps yesterday. This is a great show of what can be done with some personal effort Mianiak. Most of the third party tracks currently available in rF2 are just horrible. They're an absolute disgrace to the game. But the effort you've put into this track shows, and as a result it rivals any of the best looking tracks in rF2 to date. Great job.

As for the billboards and naming. Honestly, whatever, I can't believe it's as big of a topic here as it is. They're advertisements, why are people concerned about that? I personally don't want to see any advertisements. Might as well just put up billboards with ISI's logo and leave it be.

16. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Bit bumpy for my liken but great job.

17. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thanks for the track, (and the billboards!!)

19. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Awesome work! Do you have a donation link? :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

20. bwana

bwana Registered

loving the track but there seems to be a bug of sorts. at times when exiting to pits the car ends up just short of T1 on track facing the wrong way rather than in garage ..When in mid race a car crashes and driver escapes to pit he can at times end up smack in the middle of the track .. using Fr3.5 2014 ..12 AI and 2 MP drivers . happened to both MP drivers