Thanks - Build 339

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Oct 29, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Just wanted to say thanks. All threads posted in here and in the public bugs forums etc so far have all been passed on as of right now.

You found things, so that's a good positive experience for us.

See you next unstable build. :) I'll post a new thread in here once the next one is available.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Thank you and ISI team! :)

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yeah, thanks to you ISI, and thanks for those who participated :)

4. Kev

Kev Registered

Good. Looking forward to try next more stable unstable build. :)

5. scalino

scalino Registered

Hi Tim and thanks again (even if I came here a bit late :)

one puzzling thing I encountered though: for now I kept 2 separate installations, one for stable releases (342 installed over 300), one for unstable ones (339). Both installs share the same packages directory (and they currently are "iso-mods", meaning all same components are installed)

I recently setup the SoftTH dll in both of them (+ my main rFactor1 installation), to get to a multiview config (2 for now, 3rd is on its way). Everything works fine with the 339 build, but the 342 refuses to expand to the second monitor (the non local one) and starts only on the main one (same config file in both cases, see below). I mean, even rf1 is working with it (getting nicely along with rfDynHud btw)...! :)

The other thing is the HDR profiles. If I take the example of Malaysia 1.42 (used with the F1 Ligue 2013 mod), with the 339 build everything is fine (and super great btw!), with the 342, I have nothing in the 'HDR profile' field once the track has been loaded.

Is anyone else had the same problems?

Would you say I should reinstall the 342 once again (I'll probably do it anyway, and I'll post results)?

------------ SoftTH config file's relevant sections (with only 2 monitors for now) ------------
    [main]
    ; 200 pixels more than native resolution of both monitors (2960 - 1680+1280) - this allows me not to lose important info and UI buttons at the far left side (race flags, game exit button, ...), with the right offset I set up on the main monitor
    renderResolution=3160x1050
    ;renderResolution=2960x1050

[head_primary]
    ; little offset to the right + horizontal squeezing to re-center F1 noses a bit on the main monitor
    sourceRect=100,0,2000,1050
    ;sourceRect=0,0,1680,1050
    screenMode=1680x1050

[head_1]
    ; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY5 at NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
    devID=1
    ; offset to the right + horizontal enlarging to catch up global resolution
    sourceRect=2100,0,1060,1024
    ;sourceRect=1680,0,1280,1024
    transportResolution=1280x1024
    transportMethod=auto
    noSync=0
    fpsLimit=0

6. scalino

scalino Registered

Okay... my bad (mostly)...

concerning SoftTH's expansion on both monitors, in fact, one (mainly me then) has to avoid launching the rf Config.exe in order to select the "created-by-softTH" wide resolution by double-clicking on it, it must be done through the rFactor's Launcher's button "Configure Sim". If not, the game starts only on the main monitor.

concerning HDR profiles, the mystery deepens for Malaysia, but I actually found HDR profiles on other tracks (Silverstone, Loch Drummond) using the 342 build. So there's no problem with the build (a priori).

However, I still got a difference between 339 and 342 builds concerning Malaysia 1.42 (and I'm positive), cause I find the HDR profiles (clear and overcast) when using the 339, I don't find them when using the 342... I wonder about reinstalling the track on the 342 build's install, but I strictly got the same set of mas files on both sides, I don't see the point... (besides HDR profiles must be stored somewhere else I'd say)

EDIT: found the HDR profiles files :p! (okay.. I'm still young at this game) I think the hdp file in the 342 build install had been generated when it was still the 300 build, so without HDR profile reference. Just took the hdp file from the 339 build install and copied it to the location's directory on the 342 build install. (just in case, it'll be useful for someone else)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
  7. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, thanks to you too Tim/ISI. I enjoyed testing the unstable build. Look forward to the next one. :)

8. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks build 339, its great to be able to test whats coming and iron out the bugs before stable arrives.