SOLVED Can't locate Controller.ini? G27 Rattle

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Josh Cade, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Josh Cade

Josh Cade Registered

I had abandoned the rF2 Beta as I had the infamous G27 rattle so bad I felt it would damage the wheel.

I re-installed rF2 this weekend and was going to try to adjust the Filtering per a suggested fix but can not locate the file. I made a new player "Josh Cade" and saved my wheel preferences in-game as "Cade G27". I am on a 64-bit, Win7 Machine - shouldn't I have a player folder in user data? It's not there. Restarted the game several times and even restarted the computer.

1. So odd, any clue as to what's going on?

2. Is the G27 fix as easy as adjusting the Steering Torque Filter to a higher number (from 2 to 8?)

Thanks!

2. SVO

SVO Registered

I think that the filtering is done from the FFB Smoothing option on the main controller panel. It defaults to 9, but many say use 4 or whatever feels good. the Car FFB Multiplyer is just above Smoothing. You can also adjust that to your liking. Your Controller folder and settings should be in your userdata folder where you'll find tons of FFB settings as well. On Win7 try going to Documents/rFactor2/Userdata/Controller.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  3. Josh Cade

Josh Cade Registered

That was it, under Documents - I didn't realize that. Documents/rFactor2/Userdata/Controller

Thanks!!!!

4. SVO

SVO Registered

Your Welcome.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The option is now in the settings/controller menu. If you click detect it should be set to what we think you'd need already.