Developer Mode - Cannot Change Menu Editor Values

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hybodo, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hybodo

Hybodo Registered

I've been experimenting with HDR profiles recently, in hopes of improving whatever I can. I was playing around with Palm Beach's HDR last night. I relaunch rFactor 2 this morning, and suddenly I cannot change the values in the Post FX menu (HDR). Most of the values are this light blue color, but I do not know what the color of the text represents. I can adjust other values in other menus such as the "Weather gfx menu".

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Kev

Kev Registered

3. Hybodo

Hybodo Registered

What I don't understand is that it was working the night prior. What would've caused my game to not allow me to modify these values? I took a peek inside of the config.ini for some sort of setting (Because sometimes my HDR=1 setting turns itself off, which I still don't understand) but I didn't really find anything that would be related to my issue.

So at ONE POINT it was working for me, and without any sort of updates it is now preventing me from doing so. I can still modify the HDR settings on the default Dev track however, which is interesting. Are there track specific configs that would allow/disallow the editing of HDR profiles? I find that weird since I'd think I should be able to play with the settings when I create a new HDR profile for a track.

4. Kev

Kev Registered

I found the problem. Fact that i can edit HDR at Joesville really made me interested in this issue.
    After some experimenting i found that if circuit has predefined HDR profile (default.hdp for example) then devmode will not allow you to edit anything. Removing this profile from track's folder make it to use global default profile but allows you to modify it. However, if you load profile from file - profile editing will stop to work again. So i was able to only create new profiles from the first try because when i load it after reloading i cannot edit it.
    I really should post new report but i'm too lazy right now...

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You can't modify a profile that runs. Simply untick "Run Profile" and you can modify the values.

6. Hybodo

Hybodo Registered

Well that was dumb of me heh. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help. I guess it was just one of those situations where I'm looking into something too hard, and miss the obvious.

7. Kev

Kev Registered

OMG, this is something.
    What's mean it's runs? Isn't it runs when unticked?

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, how to activate the HDR in ModDev with the build342, because I done my material adjustment and I discover when testing in Single Player that what I tested in ModDev was without HDR !!! And the result is bad with HDR :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
  9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You should find the config.ini for Devmod inside rF2 Core folder. Open the file in Editor and change "UseHDRProcess=0" to "UseHDRProcess=1".

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ok, found, I thought it was in Core\UserData, but it is in Core directly, working, great, thank you.