KNOWN Random loss of FFB (still in B382)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tortue G, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hi,

Like the build note said, the loss of controller issue is gone (for me), but I still have a random (or not?) loss of FFB... I go to the track, and sometimes FFB is here, and sometimes not (but the wheel turn), the wheel is "free", and I don't find why, I restart, I change the car and track, I modify the controller.ini, but it appear to be a random thing...
    I think that I don't had this issue with build 240 (but I will re-test to be sure), it's since the build 300. (edit: re-tested with b240, and issue finally is here too).
    My wheel is a French DIY project with servomotor, like Leo Bodnar wheel, so it works with generic Windows drivers, here is a video when it works :) :

[​IMG]

I'm on Windows 8.1, and the issue is here too with 8.0, and all my hardware is on my profile.

I tried to modify the Skip updates="0" in the controller.ini, but it don't seem to be the problem.

So it is a rF² bug (no problem with other game...) that will be corrected, or can I do something to correct this myself?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Windows 7 and T500RS: it happen to me randomly but nor really often. Let say I'm restarting several times a race ESC->Restart Race (cause I crash at first turn as I'm too impatient ;)) and sometimes, let say once per 20 times (no more) I have exactly this: all work fine, I can play, but wheel turn free and has no FFB at all. Just doing ESC->ReStart fix the problem.

3. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Thanks, so it don't seem to be specific to my wheel, the symptoms are same :) .

4. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

I tried again with build 240, and th issue was here too (with the loss of controller too that I don't have anymore with last build :) ).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Notified them, thanks.

6. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Thanks Tim, if you need more informations or testing about this issue, don't hesitate to ask.
    And I forget, i tried the FFB reset too, but of course it don't works more...
    I ask me if it is not since the Nordschleife track beta, I think that this is the first track where I had this problem.

7. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I actually get this problem myself, using a Fanatec CSW. I've spent days trying to figure it out. There are no error codes or anything when it happens - I presume it's some sort of DirectInput bug since it can happen on any wheel.

But FFB reset always works for me - are you saying that used to work for you but doesn't work anymore?

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

It happen to me with any track/car combo, no relation. I never tried to use the FFB reset in this case, just Escape and Race again. Will let you know next time it happen.

9. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hi,

FFB Reset works if the FFB works :) (but in this case I don't need to reset :p ) , but it don't resolve the issue when the FFB don't start when I go to the track...

And like Yololo, it don't seem to be a relation with combination of cars and tracks, sometimes it works and there are no problem after, and sometimes it don't works and I must to restart and retry (and retry and retry...).
    But maybe I have this issue more since the Nordschleife, I don't know if it is related to it (or with the heavy weight of the track...) or not, I just ask myself :) ...

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmm, when it happen to me, just one relaunch of the race is enough to fix it for long (I'm reacting to your: "and retry and retry) ;)

Tonight it didn't happen. I restarted tons of time my race against AI at Silverstone (the "Start by drifting a lot, first curve too much speed, crash on AI, restart" symptom), no FFB lost. As I said it can be rare...

11. Terence Groening

YoLolo - To me it sounds like mapping a control to FFB Reset would probably work for you.

Tortue G - Strange. So you can drive, right? You just don't have FFB, and the reset doesn't work. I know you say the generic Windows drivers "work", but maybe they sort-of don't work. Are there any other drivers that you can use?

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Never experienced this happen with rf2 but with R3E while editing ffb for mutible times, the controller gets lost and no input is possible anymore, so it doesn't works anymore and restarting the session reconnects the controller again while a message pops up "controller connected". Win7 and T500RS as well here. It might be not much usefull but it happens with other software as well when restarting or editing things to often while in a session.

13. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hello,

Yes, that's it, when it happens I can drive, but without FFB :) . I can't use another drivers, because they don't exist, it's a IDY wheel that use a custom firmware made by a french guy, it's similar to Leo's Wheel...

But... sorry I've given a bad information, with FFB Reset button it seem to work now, I think that I have bad affected them, now I use it with another button, and i can reactivate FFB when it don't initialize correctly :) ...

So finally it's like other guys thas have this FFB loss with other commercial wheels, it seem to be a "random" problem, and I can resolve it with FFB reset ;) ...

Thanks for your help, the problem still here, but I can play :) !

14. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Finally not, the FFB reset works randomly too :( ...

15. Terence Groening

If you get that "Controller Connected" message like speed1, you might consider turning off "Realtime Controller Detection" in your Controller.ini file (set it to "0" in UserData/Player/Controller.ini).

16. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

OK, thanks, I will try this week-end, but I don't think that I had this message :) .

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I mapped a wheel button for the FFB Reset to be ready for the next time. SAying that, it didn't happen for long now. In don't think it happened once with B342 BTW...

Edit: Confirmed: The reset button can fix my problem. The problem happened after nearly 50 restart (ESC->Restart Race) and pressing the assigned button fixed it for good.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  18. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hello,

I still have the issue with the lasts builds :( , when I don't have FFB, I need to take another car (I choose generally the Clio Cup), return back on the track, and if here FFB work I can take again the car I want. FFB reset still don't resolve them when it happens.
    I have this issue only with rFactor2, no problem witht rFactor, GSC2013, FT2013, Assetto Corsa or pCars, so I don't think that my wheel is the cause.
    I think it's just an problem at wheel initialization when the track load, but it's a bit annoying :) .

Thanks, and... happy new year ;) !!