REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

People having wheel problem probably already know that they need to test with back USB port instead of front ones on desktop machine. Front ones are not directly tied to the MOBO and have an extension cable, and sometimes that can bring some problem like that. E.g. I can't use my front USB 3.0 port to write to my USB 3.0 Key as it bring writing random errors, but I can read from then without problem using same USB Key. Back USB 3.0 port don't have this problem (ASUS P8Z77-V).

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i think that will be more problem with either the socket of the USB it self, or your motherboard, my front USB 2 and 3s are completelly flawless in any use i shall lay upon them (Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Case Coolermaster CM690-II Advanced)

3. stonec

stonec Registered

I, as many others Windows 8 users, had issues with controller loss during track load in previous builds. Build 342 ISI changed this so that rF2 doesn't attempt to reload the controller while in the game if you have W8. This at least fixed all the problems for me. As far as I know this "fix" should only make things worse if you are in the game and attempt to replug a controller, then it might not work.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have my computer on one side of the room along with a monitor/keyboard ect and then a long USB cable and HDMI cable that run to the other side of the room where my dedicated cockpit is with another monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse and wheel are.... all connected to a USB hub that is mounted to the cockpit. This long USB cable got damage at one point and after that my wheel would randomly go through the calibration process and I would have not control (in rF1) until it was done.

I am curious, people having problems in rF2, when you loose your inputs, does the wheel go through the whole calibration process? If so, that could indicate the port is having a problem or maybe you have a bad HUB or cable. I also saw someone link to some Win8 bug that impacts USB3 ports causing them to reset. I avoid the USB3 ports on my machine for anything other than an external harddrive.

5. Jos

Jos Registered

any one else having input lag problems, im having a lot with my t500 :S

doesnt seem to be the case in rf1...

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

T500RS here, everything seems to work fine... not so experienced with wheel hardware so can't be 100% sure...but at least nothing too noticable.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

T500RS here too and all is fine. Try another USB port perhaps?

8. gregor vodicar

gregor vodicar Registered

Today I wanted to do some online racing but multiplayer shows "no games avalible".. It worked fine yesterday and I didn't change anything. Did anyone already had problems like this??? Please help.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Now finally me can't resist to add my experience with the current build. Yes i know ne is frustrated about the bad performance of AMD with rf2 and i'm waiting to buy a new gfx for but i love this **** and can't resist to use it anyway So in the meantime i could manage to balance rf2 on my dated htpc with a HD5850, 8GB 1600Mhz ddr3 and 4core AMD in, on a single Plasma to perform well and still looking good. I'm wondering how good rf2 can perform and still look good on the old hardware with a single screen Sure some compromises are needed gfx wise but it looks still good. The current build is as the unstabke already showed iff before a great succes. Everything looks better, the special effects and sky are looking much better and the overall image is more clean. :)

10. Xsev

Xsev Registered

I´m not sure if its the correct place here to ask but I have a big problem with my dedicated server since today. I can start the server but i get always a failure notice - Mod ID is invalid. I was testing with some mods some tracks only one track and one car, some combos - no chance to get it work. Now i was installing rfactor 2 new and reactivating but the same problem.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Not sure if its build, car or track related but I noticed during replay that instead of reflecting the billboard on the windscreens of the cars when reaching a specific point on track, the reflections are sort of "syncronized" so they reflect at the same second on all the cars instead - independent of where the cars are positioned. See screenshot.

View attachment 10623

12. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Are you using off, low, or high for env reflection settings?

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Did you know that in build 342 you can turn reflections off and pick up fps, and still get reflections? It works, try it, you might like it.

15. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Man, I took a break from racing for a bit, mostly from shoulder pains, and now this build comes and blows me away. Finally got on, and on track I actually had that "wow, so pretty" thought running every couple feet :) Quite an improvement. I think I have a small fps increase, not sure though. Looks smoother. HDR looks right finally. I don't know what to say but to just keep on saying it. YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Spa on the run up to Les Combes.

17. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

In my case I've just doubled my fps (from avg 25 to avg 50) just by reducing AA from level 4 to level 2 and in nvidia inspector reducing AA - transparency Supersampling from 4x SuperGrid supersampling to 2x supersampling

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Random errors ?

What case ? ( you left it out of your PC Specs )

What type is front USB3.0 connector ?

If it is single pin connectors on you may have mixed one up.

Your Motherboard has 20pin USB3.0. A tower that has the same should read and write to all ports.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Is it possible you are running VSync by accident?

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you created your vmod did you register it or just hit skip? You have to register vmods if you plan to hist with them.