REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm really happy with this build, previously HDR was not an option, tonight we did our event, 20laps, 15 drivers, the whole thing silky smooth for me including HDR :)
    And not because it looks so much better now, that's an added bonus, but HDR just gives so much more depth to it all.

I did require allot of settings testing and experimenting though, hopefully there wont be setbacks in future builds.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Try fiddling with texture-filter Rick. textures are massive on this track so that could be it. I think they are going to update that in the future.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve noticed this too. It`s the same at other tracks as well... Monaco springs to mind.

4. Takumi

Takumi Registered

Best build so far. Very nice graph update without too big fps hit. Nice to get reflections even they are set to OFF. Performance is "ok" most of the time but there are pretty big variation between max and min fps(30-120 at same track even). Also mirrors seems to reduce performance even more that before. Not sure if it is only AMD gfx(7850) problem but it takes 40% off from my fps at the moment. Quality options for mirrors would be great update if that problem can't be fixed any other way. The game start to shine now but there are still work to do. Keep it up ISI.

5. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Just had the chance to do some testing.
    Great update Thanks ISI
    I did not lower settings just when in and did some runs @ silverstone with 10 AI a little glitching but noting to cry about. :)
    Track and cars look much better.

Still need to do more testing and settings and get it to run smoother and still get good I candy.

Ruben

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

What a great update, major improvements for me all around, thanks ISI keep up the good work!

7. Picard

Picard Registered

Hmm

Norton don,t like this, taking exe away, anyone more having this problem ?

8. brato

brato Registered

I have problem's after update in GTS 450 OC card my fps was 10-20 and i reinstaled game help? not too much i have 30-40
    And i look where is problem in my hard or software.Eureca my afterburner was on minimal setings.Now i have on max detail minimal 80 fps hdr enabled

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

10. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Hi,
    Added tire compounds to results file.

I reacted to this function because I do not find the tires used during the race in the XML file of the race
    How to activate?

11. KO0

KO0 Registered

Me too. Haven't been able to figure out how this is supposed to work. I hope it is a bug.

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I posted up this page that I discovered this has been reported already.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The log you've posted doesn't contain any laps.

14. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Losing my controller (G25) after ending a session on Windows 8 64 bit. Very easy for me to reproduce. Happens every time with certain mods. Devs please let me know if you need more info to reproduce to make this easier to track down. Thanks.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya All,

My wheel still isn't working in ths build, is there a link to build 300 ????

I want to really make sure it's a problem with this build by switching back to last build & trying wheel again.

16. TMoney

TMoney Registered

It's not an issue with this build specifically but rather an ongoing issue if we're talking about the same thing with controllers not being detected in game. For me it works every time when I launch the game but after exiting a session and returning to menu most of the time (depending on which mod I was using - Most ISI mods don't have this problem, mostly 3rd party which may help narrowing it down?) the controller menu shows no activity and fails to detect my controller until exiting the game and re-launching.

People have been reporting this issue since build 240 from what I gather, and Windows 8 64 bit seems to be a common factor.

17. MJP

MJP Registered

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Tmoney -what a strange issue your having, shame the reset ffb option dosnt work (if there's still an option for that)

My wheel worked 100% perfect with the 3 builds prior to this (I didn't own the wheel earlier builds)

It works with everything fine with rf2 untill on build 342, but to be totally sure I'll roll back to last build to test just to eliminate the coincidence of a non rf2 issue developing at the same time as moving to build 342 that only effect rf2

MJP thanks for the link

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is really odd that so many have been having controller problems on Win8x64. I am running Win8x64 with a G27 with the pedals connected to a 12bit Leo controller. I have never lost the wheel or pedals on any build. I don't understand what is different on my rig than anyone else's. There must be something unique with my setup because it seems this problem is wide spread for Win8x64 users.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I haven't had the wheel issue anymore with build 342. That's good because it was pain in the ass.