Please help me - logitech dfgt settings!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Jarmour, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

I have previously posted a thread for a similar request, but didn't quite get what I was looking for. I have tried so hard to find the right settings for this stupid wheel and I cant seem to find the right one at all.

I have literally no pace at all in single seaters which is the most annoying thing ever as that's what I want to race.. but I have pace in lmp cars and the Meganne easily? I have tried 900 degrees of rotation 501 degrees with various different settings, almost every setting you can imagine and im still nowhere.. im sure that my settings are all over the place and would love some help if some one would be kind enough to share good settings for single seaters!!!

ill give you a quick rundown of how the car feels.... every time im trying to hold a line in a corner, the car just under steers offline like crazy; I cant hold anywhere near as much pace as the ai can on almost any corner and its ridiculous... the wheel either feels too light or too heavy depending on how I've tweaked the settings, but the overall result is just under steer... even when the wheel feels calibrated correctly i.e. my hand movements match the computers perfectly, exactly the same thing happens!

I would be so grateful if some one could actually give me a full setup for the Logitech profiler and the in game settings as im so lost and would love to start being able to use single seaters in some sort of competitive manor! if you don't want to share with everyone drop me a private message... any help will be excellent and if I can help you out with anything I will try my best to do so in return...

Thank you!!!!!

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Can't help you with advanced settings but are you sure its the wheel settings?

I'm pretty much default with a tweak here and there (G27) and it stays the same way for every car I drive.
    using 360degrees for all cars.

The difference (for me) is in the setup itself. for an open wheeler I will have a different steering angle then for a GT car. But much more dependant on the track, tight steering angle at Monaco, much wider on Spa.
    And then in practise I nurse the setup depending on what issues arrive, so more/less power, tire pressure, toe's, coast, etc etc.

All them tweaks combined with your driving style determine what happens on track and an open wheeler would require different settings then a GT car. (or modern vs classic)
    Especially since you have good pace with some cars, if the speed-gaps are indeed as big as you mention I doubt its the wheel.
    A wrong wheel setting can make it harder to drive, you need to do allot more to compensate, but it wont result in massive differences in overall pace if it already works for other cars. Or at least that's my assumption.

Maybe try and get some setups from people and see if it makes a difference:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7429-rFactor-2-Car-Setups/page9

3. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Thanks for the advice and I agree but originally I found a setup similar to yours that worked for all cars, but now it's just extremely unresponsive... I'm pretty sure it's the wheel because it reset itself and since then it's been useless.... I have tried setups for open wheelers and have seen some improvement but you can still tell that the wheel setup isn't how it should be!

4. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

can anyone else help please?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Have you recalibrated already?

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

DFGT wheel settings.

In Logitech profiler, global options;

Overall Effect strength 100% ( for years I ran 106%, recently turned down to 100)
    Spring Effects 0%
    Centering Spring Enabled
    Centering spring strength 0% ( there is controversy here, some say not enable, some say do enable, I have come to think enabled)

rotation 900 deg.

allow games to adjust.

In game;

run the detect wheel, set your button options and the rest below and then save to your own profile, I have two profiles, one for shifter and another one for the paddles.

Steering rate 100% (this setting is for gamebox etc controllers, with wheel you will want 100%)

Speed sensitivity 0% (this setting is for a quicker turn radius when below speed set in your player.plr file, default is 20mph I believe) can give you a rough time in slow corners, so I set it to 0%)

make sure Vehicle Set button is active (it turns green when on)

wheel deadzone 0% (when I installed this last build, it defaulted to 10%. Had me screwed up untill I noticed this, where it got that default I don't know)

With the DFGT wierd brake pedal I had to set brake sensitity to 10% and I still have to be very soft on brake in order to not lock up-- only two builds in the past have given me full brake stroke)

FFB mulitplier 1 (you can adjust down if you don't like the strength)
    smoothing (I generally run 4)

On some cars, you might have to change the steering lock in the garage, save as a general setup when you have it adjusted to your liking.

If your still having trouble, either you have a bad install of the wheel drivers, or maybe a bad rF2 install, not many other reasons to blame.

With these settings, I think rF2 is an absolute dream to drive. There is not a better feeling FFB anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  7. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

thanks for this jim il give it a go now!

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Any updates on your problem?