KNOWN Shadow issues

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bart S, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Ok I forgot to report this but noticed some shadow issues at Spa, perhaps its more a track issue than build but I not tested prior builds under the same conditions.
    Track Spa, Series Howstons.
    All gfx settings at max, reflections both low Shadows med and optimal, mirrors off.
    Race with 5 AI at 9am full clear conditions

Theres a point on the early turns before Les Combes and after Eau Rouge the shadows are constant on the road suface and then some of them disapear as you approach them.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So you want other people to test previous builds for you?

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Its for whoever it may concern to test previous builds, btw its not for me its for ISI, its there responsibility to check if the issue was there in prior builds. Regardless whether it was there before its an issue that needs resolving as it messes with immersion.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You may be reporting a bug that isn't specific to Build 339, wasting others' time - possibly including ISI. You don't see any issues with this?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I really don't... If something is happening on his system with 339, I want it posted, even if it was in previous builds. :) Lighten up fellas.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

The replay cam shadows are much better now here.
    But it is still not as good as it could be honestly. I have tested that at Silverstone.
    The strange thing is some of the cams which show the cars very early (big distance) show the shadows immediately as the car appears.
    But some of the cams which don't have that big distances to the cars don't do that (but also some with big distance). The cars are still floating (no shadows) on the track.
    I run tripple screens here but just a 4120x1024 resolution. Maybe it's due to my weak CPU, I don't know. :confused:

However, switching to my tv with a 1920x1080 resolution makes the things significantly better.

What I would like to know is if that is really due to my hardware ooor is it a shadow bug again?

EDIT: I have also noticed the drawing shadow thing. I mean when driving that you see the shadows being drawn in front of you. (LD track)

7. TonyD

TonyD Registered

I get this too – the last group disappears when you approach them, then are redrawn before you reach them. I’ve never noticed this before, pretty sure it didn’t happen in the previous build.