KNOWN A.I. cars not in private test day list after creating second test day

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by rhamm, Oct 23, 2013.

1. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'm not sure how long it's been like this but in build 300 if I:

1. Setup a private test day with XX AI cars
    2. Go into the test session and watch the A.I. cars run laps.
    3. Exit the test day
    4. change some of the settings in "Race Settings"
    5. Go back into the Test day by hitting "Race".
    6. Track loads but my car is the only one in the list.

This only happens when "Private Practice" is set to "On" and only Practice is selected without Qualifying or Race. Open practices seem to work fine. I can tell it's about to happen because the track loads a lot faster.

The only way to get around this is to exit rF2 and restart it.

This is nothing earth shattering but it makes A.I. testing rather annoying.

View attachment 10438

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If I am understanding you right, then it's working exactly as it should. Private practice means no visible AI. They'll run, but invisible/non collidable. Or am I not understanding?

If you want a practice with AI, uncheck qual and race, and have private practice OFF, you'll then run laps with both visible and physical AI.

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Yeah, they do that. If I were to go on the track and drive I wouldn't see the A.I. cars and wouldn't expect to see them. If I stay in the lobby area I can still watch the A.I. drive as they attempt their autocalibrate laps. If I'm in the lobby watching and leave the track lobby and go to the main menu and then go back into the lobby again a second time then only my car appears in the list and I have to add A.I. cars manually. It wouldn't be too bad but it takes awhile for each car to load and I'd rather have the cars load when the track loads. The only way to fix that is to exit rF2 and then re-enter it.

View attachment 10461 View attachment 10462

4. Kev

Kev Registered

Yes, i can confirm this bug. Loading any track second time after session with private practice On will cause no AI cars added to session.

Simple way to reproduce it:
    Run rFactor2, setup test session with private practice On and some number of AI cars. Load track (Race). Then leave track to main menu and load track with Race button again. No AI cars in this new session.

This is pretty old bug. I remember now it happened to me a year ago, when i drove with private practice set. Then i turned it off and forgot about it.

Ok, tested it a bit. Turning private practice Off do not fix the problem without reloading of rFactor2. Changing number of AI cars causes AI cars to appear again (but not if private practice is still set).
    Looks like some inialization missed when reloading track. Should be easy to fix on programming side.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks!