Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

3D glass really nice and I'd love to have it, but it has to be proper... Shader should take care of it... I believe K Szczech made one as an experiment for rF1... It was a bit extreme in motion and with flowers n' shiz but it looked more lawn-ish than what any flat 2D green-painted area has ever done :)

Something like this... http://www.exchange3d.com/images/uploads/aff252/new4///grass_0.jpg but I guess it too demanding...

But a great grass shader would be awesome... and a believeable lawn is till to be perfected in any racing game title. That being said, with a low sun and a good bump map 2D-grass areas can still look "not half bad" or decent... :)

I hope to see SRPL do more tweaks for rF2 as they did with rF1... I mean, the road shader they did was great and the 3D sky they did was also awesome... And this grass-thang was being experimented with...

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Engine is capable of rendering polygons, it always was :)
    You only need someone to place all these grass polygons there... or some tool that will do that for you.

Here's an unedited (apart from league logos) screen from one of our past league races:

[​IMG]

This is what you could do with rF1 engine, when you had the right tools.

Yeah, the "flower power video" is still on youtube ;)
    Grass animation was an experiment, but the unanimated grass (like the one you see on above screenshot) is available in shader pack.

When rF2 is ready. Unless I change my mind waiting :p

Enough about the grass, though. This thread is for rF2 videos :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Very intriguing actually... It looks "aight" :) Better than that Imola video, that's for sure... same colour as the "2D" grass and looks uniform... Good job, bet that took at while to do!

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just model like 50 or 100 slightly different looking blades of grass, then just copy and paste thousands of each of those all around the track. Done. You got your 3D grass, lol.

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Good luck doing that manually and getting the same results I'm getting with my tool :)
    You would probably end up with low density, bad framerates, mismatched and badly placed geometry to name a few issues.

That's the reason why I created this tool - you only need to draw a map of grass. The tool will generate multiple LOD's with different grass density, adjust grass geometry to ground surface, respect edges between road and grass to make sure grass is close to road edge but not on the road, it will take care of vertex paint and randomization to add some variety, finally, it will split everything into dozens of GMT files for space partitioning and set all the flags. And you get that without having to deal with over hundred thousand polygons in your 3D modelling software - you can focus on distinct geometry while modelling your track - grass will be added during export.
    And if you figure out you're not happy with performance - all you need to do is to spend a few minutes on adjusting density settings and re-export :)

Takes maybe a few days to learn the tool, but then you can create grass in 2-3 hours.

7. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks for The video but they seem electric cars in this video. where is it the sound of engines?
    Listen this

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

3D grass? Can you smoke it? Is there something like 4D LSD? I wonder. Never mind me, just thinking out loud here.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

Muahhahahaha :D

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

LSD, and more-so salvia, but especially DMT/ayahuasca will take you to the 5th dimension and beyond. They'll also heal you psychologically, they'll humble you as a person, and they'll show you the truth about life in a truly enlightening way. You will be a much better person in all sorts of ways after these type of experiences.

I haven't experienced these myself, but I have done large amounts of research on them, especially DMT/ayahuasca

Back to simracing...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Graham Hancock is my hero, dude! If I could just go to the Amazon, I'd be there by tomorrow. DMT can even heal heroin addicts for all I know. Isn't it funny how the most efficient medicines are illegal? Almost, like they want us to be sick.
    Sorry for off topic.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Graham Hancock is amazing.

I actually started listening to him because of his archeological work. He was allowed to actually do a long speech at a university about a year or so ago. In my opinion it was actually a defining moment as a non-mainstream researcher was finally given the respect and chance that they deserve to give out a serious presentation at an actual educational institution. It's disgusting that mainstream academia largely ignores these guys when these guys actually give even better, more, and more logical evidence than most of the crap which fills the history textbooks. There is so much supressed information "out there", especially regarding history (eg. Graham Hancock's work) and science/technology (eg. Nikola Tesla).

Can you believe that "TED" banned and removed Graham Hancock's Ted talk episode? Mainstream idiots always trying to keep information suppressed.

Can you believe that our bodies pump out DMT everytime we sleep at night (and apparently right before death), yet it's illegal? A natural substance found in almost every living organism on the planet, including all humans, has been labelled as illegal by the elites in power over us.

It's all about the pineal gland AKA the third eye, which every human physically has.

One of the greatest minds in human history (well at least modern human history) was able to activate his pineal gland much more than most. He had an understanding of the universe on a whole-nother level to most, and knew from day 1 that Einstein had it all wrong. He was, in my opinion, not only of genius status, but of "wizard" (metaphorically speaking) status. His name? Nikola Tesla.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

The world is a mad place, my friend. There are other ways to achieve what Graham does with DMT, though. I'm a little confused by it but I'm still in the learning process. It's legal...for now. Called meditation. :)
    Drugs/narcotics are just a shortcut to get there. Meditation in fact is just a metaphor to express your intent to go to the other side. At least that's what I learned. It's a lot harder to do, too.

To end this off topic discussion with a quote from the movie "Maps to the Stars": "Hell, is a World without narcotics!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Fantastic. Did you use the stock setup or your own?

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thx mate. Will try it. Nice weekend guys.

16. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

17. Euroracing8

Euroracing8 Registered

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks. Excellent:thumbup:

19. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

20. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered