Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

TrueLightsUltraHDR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

datasting likes this.
  2. Lars Otto

Lars Otto Registered

URD Corvette ZR1 @ Le Mans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

datasting likes this.
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Waiting for the release :)

4. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

is it just an HDR profile or new shaders and other stuff?

5. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

Only HDR

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

7. brot

brot Registered

Looks very nice, but why are you posting these pictures in this "unedited" thread ??

8. Domi

Domi Registered

Because they are not edited externally.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And where is the difference?
    If people are changing HDR for each track and for different times during the day to make a nice picture. It is pretty much as editing a picture to adjust light, colors, contrast....

enviado mediante tapatalk

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

"Hey no fair, the majority of people can't run the game on max settings. All screenshots should be taken on low settings, to represent what many people will see." Almost in the same vein as someone who want to crank their settings up to take some screenshots, even though they only get 10fps. Surely that is not fair then, as they can't run it like that normally...

Guess that means we can't use the automation HDR settings...seeing as yknow, it's changing stuff all the time to better suit the light...:rolleyes:
    It's part of the sim, you can get HDR profiles if you want and do what you want with them, your game will run/look like that. If I did go and chuck some blur and some DoF effect and tweak a whole load of stuff outside of the game using photoshop, you won't be able to reproduce that ingame. That is edited...

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess I didn't explain myself.

The pictures mostly shown here are precisely that pictures. I bet they are most taken under max setting no matter FPS when doing so.

Talking about things being unedited when HDR exists and after many changes in graphics between builds is not my idea of unedited. If everybody used standard HDR automation your argument would convince me but I bet it is not what is being seen here.

Just my opinion. To better explain it: ask people in your league if the way they perceive rF2 graphics is up to the same standard that can be seen throughout this thread. Not my case at least.

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Nowhere is stated that we need to use one specific hdr or even better - not using an hdr profile at all just to make all screenshots equal - that would be just nonsence. The point is that image is taken with in-game settings, be it with low settings without anything or maxed out with supa dupa hdr profile, but not edited later with an external program.

Like being said HDR is a part of game and available for people to customize it, even ISI tracks are coming with few hdr profiles for users to choose what they prefer and even those profile are also not perfect. So if people can make good hdr profiles for game to look better and it's playable, I don't see wheres the problem. There are people who can run rf2 like that just fine.

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

pick pick pick pick.... is it really THAT important?

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hey don't get confused!!! I don't want to put any rules. It is the word unedited that pisses me off. I fulfill RECOMMENDED hardware requirements and do not get such quality. IMO "unedited" is a misleading word that should be removed from the title.

I did not included the "unedited" word into this thread title. I might open a thread about my screenshots so that people can appreciate other unedited pictures.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

They don't look good anyway, sometimes i really have to recheck to see if i am actually looking at the right pictures that people say are great and wonder if my eyes are knackered, did with these and also the comment about not far off pCARS a few pages back. I don't see whats "true" with regards to lighting in them, they still look like a cartoon and far from realistic, default rF2 lighting is better, it looks over exposed

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Bit of testing this evening!

[​IMG]

datasting likes this.
  17. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

The screenshots are unedited, they are produced entirely by rFactor 2. Of course if you are using a three year old laptop you will need to turn the settings down. ISI have written "RECOMMENDED MINIMUMS (will run well, may look better with better hardware)" here http://rfactor.net/web/docs/what-are-the-minimum-specifications/

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Some shots from our SR4L Fun event this evening. Unedited :p

[​IMG]

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered