Logitech G25 Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by daz1975, Oct 21, 2013.

1. daz1975

daz1975 Registered

Been Having this problem with my G25, i load up track do a race then change track but the g25 is not working. I go into settings and detect my controller but it does not detect it i then have to restart the game to do a race again. It's so annoying.

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Mine works perfectly fine without any issues at all. Reinstal your wheel drivers.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Same here, G25 working perfectly.

Try the drivers as Ronnie suggested.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What are you system specs? what OS are you using? more information required

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Not plug in USB3

6. Magus

Magus Registered

I can confirm I am having the exact same problem with my Fanatec wheel however I can also confirm it is not (or at least i don't think so) a problem with the builds as I am having the exact same issue with build 300. Daz1975, you haven't by any chance upgraded to Windows 8.1 have you?

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

G 27 working fine here so I don't think it should be the build?

But why the angry face? You took the change of getting the newest build with all risks, right? No one forced you and it can't happen by accident, right?
    Think that's not fair.

8. Magus

Magus Registered

EDIT: Actually I can confirm it IS just the unstable build as I shut down, unplugged all USB devices, re-plugged to ensure none were in USB 3.0 & after reboot problem still persisted with the unstable build. I went to build 300 & was able to switch between 3 different cars and had no connection loss of controller.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So to be clear, this problem exists both in build 300 and 339... but it's worse in build 339. Nothing to do with USB ports or other devices (done several tests). Also nothing to do with the drivers (reinstalled those several times). Also I have done clean install many times. Anything hasn't fixed the problem.

But the pattern in build 339 is this: I load a track, enter the settings in garage and after that hit the race-->disconnection (strong center spring, wheel doesn't react). If I don't go to "settings" at any point then it works fine. You can go to "settings" in main menu, it doesn't disconnect the wheel. Other thing that disconnects the wheel is when exiting a session to main menu (almost 100% of the time).

In build 300 I only had disconnection some times when I exited the session (maybe 60% of the time). So it's a lot worse in build 339.

Because there is a difference between the builds I can say that this is rf2 problem.

This kind of a bug should not exist seriously. I expect fast fix.

I have struggled with this problem long time now and done extensive tests so I know what I'm talking about. Maybe it has something to do with WIN 8 also but that's not the only reason as you can see from my test.

Have to mention that the problem doesn't exist online in build 300 (couldn't enter any server with build 339 so can't say how it works there).

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I have been getting a similar issue and it appears my wheel loses focus with the logitech profiler. Just clicking on the profiler icon on the task bar seems to fix it :)

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

This was offered up as a possible solution on the iRacing forum. You guys might want to give it a try. The suggestion is to disable enhanced protection mode.

[​IMG]

12. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

13. evphelps

evphelps Registered

You are absolutely correct,this turd is M$ responsibility for sure! :mad:

14. scalino

scalino Registered

Just confirming I had no problem at all with G25 controller handling (on Win7 64b), in any build whatsoever for now.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I installed WIN 8.1 and tried if the problem is still there: no disconnection when visiting "settings" in garage and then "race" or when going back to main menu after loading a track.

Wouldn't get my hopes too high yet. But the WIN 8 update seemed to help to some extend at least.

16. SVO

SVO Registered

+1 -- Hope I don't jinx myself

17. Bart S

Bart S Member

G25 fine here too Win7 64bit

18. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Same OS here..no problems

19. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

I have had this issue with my Logitech Driving Force Pro on several builds. I have noticed that it mostly happens if I enter the garage when a track has loaded and then race, but it can also be random and happen if I go straight to race too. Sometimes I can exit the track and go into Controllers and re-detect it, other times I have to quit the whole game and reload it.

20. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Maybe little bit old but maybehas to do with it and other wheels disconnects:
    ......The USB 3.0 hub cannot enumerate super speed ports. Therefore, all USB ports on the computer start to re-enumerate continuously. Then, all USB ports that are attached to devices stop responding.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2821819