United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

382 installed together with Howstons and Kyalami ;)

2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

can you post a step by step of how you do this - starting with ....open the 382 lite installer(i have it but dont know how to do this without messing up the current version) - i suppose if all else fails i can get rid of 494 for the day ....not like it works anyhow even if it does look good....3 dressed up as a 9

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

All you have to do is to install them to different folders, and nothing will be messed up.

- Open the 382 installer
    - When asked to choose "Core Destination Folder", you create a new folder called "rFactor2 382" for example.
    - When asked to choose "Content Destination Folder", you simply use the same folder, "rFactor2 382"...

That is pretty much all you have to do. Just copy some stuff over to the new install if you want (controller settings, car setups, player file etc)
    You don't have to copy the packages folder to the new 382 install, you can use same Packages folder for both builds. In Mod Manager, you change "Packages Dir" to the old 494 folder.

I have them installed to:

Build 394 C:\Games\rFactor2
    Build 382 C:\Games\rFactor2 382

In mod manager:

Working Dir: C:\Games\rFactor2 382
    Packages Dir: C:\Games\rFactor2

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

thanks - will work it out for the race....

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Don't know what is happening but when I join the server it just freezes... I can see you guys (Hedlund and hardtohandle) talkin but I can't do a ****.

these problems just blows my mind...

still trying to get in

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now I'm unable to join the server... wtf is going on.

Anybody reading this? Is the server getting a restart?

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

event canceled...lets try again in two weeks.

Can't really understand why we weren't provided with hotfix for these problems.

So this is the new schedule for the remaining events: Kyalami 16.3.2014, Zolder 30.3.2014 and Le Mans 13.4.2014.

-Matt

8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

EDIT: Oops didnt see last post. Too bad :(

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And I can't join now... :p Well... I guess it's for the best to cancel this event.

10. Axe

Axe Registered

i am in with hardtohandle. it is working like a charm. ok, but only 2 drivers, so it is clear. frankly i do not think there would be 10 drivers. unfortunately i am not sure will be there on 16.3. because i day before i will take part in simhq 12h enduro. we plan to do it in 3 drivers and I do not think I will be able and willing to drive in the evening.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Basically only one race got postponed... We would have had race on 16th of March anyway, just a different race.

Now we should at least master Kyalami pretty well when we finally arrive there :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

bad luck Matt, Im sure postpone is for the best.

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I hope new build is released until next weekend and everything is working as it should, so we can race...

SR4L also postponed our race this Sunday by 2 weeks.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The full sentence is that our Race Director decided to postpone sr4l race for 2 weeks, so it doesnt clash with your race guys.
    Matt, please contact Lecram at sr4l, so you two cooperate ;)

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Didn't find such a forum name :s Could you just post our event calendar to him and hope that our events are on different weeks :)

I'm surprised that we are still waiting for a fix for the online problems...

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Only thing that have kept me away from SR4L is the race time... unfortunately race start after 20GMT is a big issue for me.

Atm I'm also dependant of others like nascar2112 in running our league. So atm I can't promise anything without him. The server is his so big thanks for him for that :) Also mauserrifle have helped me, without him we wouldn't have homepage for our league. And of course simresults. So as you see I have few good people around me. Maybe SR4L could also have another race weekend with different (earlier) starting time? Could be beneficial for both sides :)

I'm not sure how things work in SR4L but in our league it's all about member having a opportunity to have a word on what and where we race. I'm sure we both could profit if we could get to use your server every other weekend. I believe you would get some new members (and promoters etc. benefits ;)) and we would get help from a big sim racing community. I like the idea.

So do you see this an possible option? :)

-Matt

Admin and co-founder of United Sim Racers

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

As a member of SR4L i wpuld love to participate in your leage also but unfortunatly your starting times realy don't fit me. If SR4L would run their leage races at the same starting times i wouldn't join in there also. But i like the idea of doing things together. .. it's ip to the admins

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Unfortunately this is out of the question.
    You see we run the same schedule for 3rd year in a row and it has fitted more or less all.
    As is your league, we are from all places of the world and as it is, we all know exactly what time our race is, regardless of time zones or daylight savings, so it would be a nightmare to change that.

Now we are at a moment of danger of misunderstanding each other :D
    USR is USR and SR4L is SR4L, two different leagues with two different teams working behind them and I must say the results of your team are very impressive in organising your site and races.
    Nobody proposed these two to merge, if that was falsely understood.

Some weeks ago, Hedlund told us at SR4L that you had problems filling the grid at your Nords race and urged us to come help, so we did, as many of us that could.
    There would be more Im sure if it was advertised properly, so all Im saying is that maybe we all (you and Lecram) could find a way to advertise each others race, as we both have similar timetables and cars.

Im not the one to answer that, our SuperAdmins are, Fergy and Paul Swire, they are the top brass.
    I dont think they will be negative for above, but you must contact them if you want to propose something.

20. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Hi Matt, Marcel here (Lecram)

I think Niko said it all. Contact Bryan (Fergy) or Paul_Swire at our site about the server.

Our next 1960's F1 league race is at March 23rd, final race of the season will be 2 weeks later at April 6th. Looking at your calendar we are ok.

Cheers,

Marcel.