United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Noticed the same in front of me. Think it was Nibo. I will disable the new feature as well until it is stable or we know why this happen.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Some thoughts about our next event - Nordschleife...
    I don't think it should be considered as "too hard" by anyone. It's a great chance for drivers that are usually not in the top, to finish on podium or even win, by driving safe, because it's such a difficult track that many will retire.
    Maybe we should limit the choice of car models to the slowest/easiest to drive, to have as many finishers as possible? G4 -69, or the first G6 -65 model with the smallest engine, for example.

It's such a long track that a bigger grid would be preferable. Maybe we could somehow 'lure' a few drivers to sign up for this event only? Maybe some SR4L guys would be interested in helping us to fill up the grid for this event only. We had a great event with SR4L at Nordschleife only a few months ago, so I guess many of them are still quite familiar with the track :)

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I totally forgot that new algorithm thing, sorry :/ Strange that it didn't come up in the practice where we would had still a chance to change it. I will make a post to USR site, but I think we will have a new build before our next event.

I agree with you that we should restrict to slowest cars there, that is if everyone agree (or at least don't object :D).

Few visitors wouldn't hurt. We missed Jamie, Juraj, Patrik and Hectari yesterday so we should have bigger grid next time. Let's say we can take around 5 visitors (or even regulars if they want).
    Would be good to really fight for bigger points.

4. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

Thanks for the advice. That algorithm thing is now disabled.

Ring is awesome race track. I'm really looking forward to the race.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Count me in for this if there are free places in the grid.
    G4 for me please.

6. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, theres plenty of free places left, can hold up to 30 if its needed ;)

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried a few laps at Nordschleife today. The track has absolutely no grip from start! It almost feels like driving on damp track :p Have to adjust brake bias more to the rear... Locking up very very easy. But when AI's had completed a few laps, and me too, it started to feel somewhat good. But I don't want AI's to drive too much because their racing line is a bit off in some corners, and it's very narrow. I have a great realroad file from SR4L's endurance event here in december, but it won't work with b382! Creating a new one is much work, but if we could do an online practice session next week, we could build up some rubber (and use AI's only to improve it afterwards)? Anyone interested?

Today I have tried the G4 Mk IIIB and the G6 Mk II. I'm just testing to see if they are somewhat equal, so we could use both G6 and G4.
    Well... The G4 is amazing to drive. Really easy to handle and better grip in the corners. The G6 Mk II is just slightly faster on the straights, but the grip is not good enough.
    So far I have not completed a clean lap, but it feels like the G6 Mk II should be ~10 seconds slower per lap.
    Maybe the earlier G4 model of 1968 with 'only' 425hp could make it more even. Need some more testing though...

Btw, I guess we will only have one single race at Nords? At least I think that was mentioned earlier that we should do that for longer tracks... In that case, will it be a 50 min race?

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I could join for a practice session at some point but not for too long.

There will be one 45 mins race.

I would like to have g4 69, but please tell the outcome of your test.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nice :) Maybe same day and time again? 19-20 gmt next wednesday?

Tried the next G6 model today, Mk III 1968. I think this is the most equal cars so far, only 3-4 seconds difference (remember it's a 7 min track).
    The G6 has 550 hp and the G4 has 450, but superior grip and much easier to drive - and low tire wear.

10. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Server updated with update, get mod has always been enabled, so just click get missing components and it will download it

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I will try my best to be there :) We will see how many seconds you will be in front this time ;)

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

on this track he will be minutes ahead of us :D

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Wednesday isn't possible for me unfortunately. I could be there on Thursday. But no need to wait just for me :)

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

for a moment I thought the same but I will give everything to prevent this because also a Rikard is a to beat (hopefully someday :p ) lol

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

good combo. lemme know if you need help filling grid :)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You can join if you want, I think you already have password for the race day ;)

-Matt

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Can't download the update from the server. Says "check component URLs for validity".

EDIT: apparently I didn't just have the newest version...

current vmod didn't allow g468 option so I have to do my testing offline...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What is the time I should be aiming for? Did 8.22 with g4 68 but it wasn't the cleanest or fastest lap. I assume I can't go much under 8 minutes.

Good looking track, fun to drive, feels dangerous all the time. Some stuttering in few places even though fps was over 80 all the time. AI is good in here.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The G4 -68 is quite slow and has less grip. Like I said, I think we should go for the car which is easiest to drive for this event, and that is no doubt the G4 -69.

Regarding G6 models, I think we could allow the Mk III -68. It is a little slower, and a lot more difficult to drive. The G4 is faster and easier to drive, so actually there's no point to choose the G6 if not only looking for a challenge :) But that's the fastest G6 model we could allow... Next step is the Mk IIIB and it is really superior to all other models.

So... G4 Mk IIIB (1969) and G6 MK III (1968). But maybe we should go for the G4 only...?

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Lets make it only g4 1969 (both versions).

That way we'll see for sure who is the king of Green Hell!