United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not much time for pre-practice this time :S

It's been a busy week. Will use tommorrow's practice efficiently.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's really hard to be consistent at this track. To do consistent laptimes. I think that will be very important tomorrow.
    Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where I'm loosing time, too... For example, I can loose 3 tenths in first sector but I can't really tell where I'm loosing them. Same goes for the last sector, which is only one corner, but there is a lot of time to loose or gain in the braking zone, and how you enter and exit that final hairpin. It's a challenge to do it 'perfect' every lap.

I don't feel like I have found the best possible setup but I guess this car simply is hard to drive, and especially to brake with. At least I think it handle the tires somewhat good now. But I'm very uncertain about tire pressure with this car... At the moment I'm running lowest possible (103 kpa) but still the tires almost tend to be over-inflated at times when looking at the tire temps. Earlier (a few months ago) I remember that too low pressure worsened grip levels. I thought that 110kpa was quite much the lowest I could go... I don't know if something has changed with new build or if I'm just totally lost. I don't feel very comfortable when set-up this car, compared to the 60's f1. But I feel quite confident, at least. Had a good league race at Spa last Sunday ;)

3. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, its easy to brake too late, even though you swear you braked at the same spot, very ****ty brakes on this particular model, lol

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tonight in Longford!

See you on track!

Practice starting in 10 mins...

EDIT: just edited weather info but probably too late... let's just go with whatever our admin have decided :) sorry for forgetting :(

5. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

i think the hardest part is getting out of the pits! ;)

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

lol :D

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Results for our 6th event in Longford:

http://simresults.net/140202-z7s

Rikard dominated while Kane had his share of bad luck. Narrow track with bumps combined with unsteady rear end had its casualties.

Sorry if I let you down with those Race 2 restarts... any suggestions how we act for now on? I would like the option of 1 restart, it's open to depate. If we are not going to have restarts then I would suggest longer time before race starts (more time to relax and concentrate).

Updated points standings: http://usr.simresults.net/results-and-point-standings/

Remember to leave a race recap: http://usr.simresults.net/write-race-recap-next-on-1966spa/

Thanks everyone for racing with us, we do really appriciate it. You are nice bunch of people :)

Next time around legendary Nordschleife...this time around one 45 mins race with double points.

-Matt

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll write more in my race report, later, but I had two good races. Only made 1 mistake but that was 1 too much. I missed the braking point for "Viaduct" corner, ran wide into the grass and couldn't brake. I couldn't avoid crashing into Robert. But fortunately fairly low speed and we could recover fast without any damage. It was a stupid and unnecessary mistake. I wasn't really chasing him, as I was already happy with 2nd, but if I had the chance to overtake him safe on the straight, I'd take it. But the track was so darn dark... Totally black. I tried to enable headlights but it didn't help. I guess that is at least one reason that I missed the brake sign. Maybe a problem with HDR. But the main reason was probably lack of concentration. But I made sure to let him recover first and rejoin in 1st place.

I hope you doesn't punish me for that, Matt. I think that if I ruin someones race, then I should definitely have a penalty (like last race at Brianza), but if the other driver can continue without loosing any position or suffering from damage, then it's okay. I remember that I accidently spun Kane around at Mid-Ohio too, but I waited for him to recover and we were fine :)

Regarding the race restarts, It would be nice to discuss it. In my opinion, we should never restart a race whatever happens. But, I can understand why it's done. We have such a small start grid and it's no fun when half the field are forced to retire after first corner. But at the same time, it should be rewarding to take it easy in the start and avoid accidents. I took it very easy in all three attempts and never crashed anyone... If I had crashed out and been forced to retire in the third attempt - when no more race restarts was allowed - then that would been a shame.

So, If we are still going to allow race restarts, then my suggestion is that only 1 race restart should be allowed. And no restarts when a half lap is finished, but only after the 1st or 2nd corner, and there should be more than 2 cars involved.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Wasn't dark for me so probably HDR problem for you.

I talked with Robert and no penalties are given this time.

I would like to implement that rule but I need help to spot crashes... If somebody gets into accident in T1 or T2 that has more than 2 cars involved should type "RESTART". Missuse could be penalized.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

No problems in practice session but I guess Race was set at a different time of day.
    It wasn't dark as night but quite disturbing with the totally black tarmac. My brake point for "Longford Corner" was where the new tarmac (black) became old tarmac (light), but in race I could barely see a difference between them.

Do you use HDR? I was using one of the provided HDR profiles called "longford bright", just because the track was already quite dark.

Btw, congrats to your podium in Race 1. What happened in Race 2?

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do use HDR and I'm quite sure I had some HDR profile... have to check. Road surface was quite dark indeed but my braking markers were track-side objects mainly.

I think it was the first right hand corner (fast corner) where I cut the inside corner and hit one of those little white objects and went airborne. I was 3rd before that, so stupid way to end promising race.

Thanks for the pictures :) Could I use some of them in our website?

-Matt

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yesterday some of the cars were "jumping" weirdly. I`ve never seen such behavior before. Is this a known bug? I don`t think it was happening because of a lag or some problem with my connection, I had no problems with it.

Here is episode from race 2, where I followed Matt. Almost on every lap some cars were jumping like that, mostly on exit of slow turns. Other cars around were going fine.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

wow, the **** :eek:

Didn't notice anything like that... anybody else?

15. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

This two races were really awful for me. I drive totally three laps. I made two stupid mistakes and I get stuck and couldn't get back on track. This track was not familiar to me, but it is not the explanation for poor driving.

This was also the first time when I used to Trackir. It caused me a bit of a problem. I have to get used to it more.

I hope that I can finish the next race.

I noticed those jumping cars too. I think it was a lag issue. Some players had over 200+ lag.

16. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

I think the jumping cars is cause of the new prediction code, i turn mine to 0, the server was fine all race only used 29% bandwith with 11-12 cars

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Mine was at 0 too so that's probably it. It was unanimous decision to put it 0 after problems in the last event practice.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Absolutely :)

Yes, that definitely has something to do with new prediction code. We saw this a lot at Silverstone, for example. I have also the new "prediction algorithm" set to 0 in multiplayer file. I didn't see this at all.

It looks funny though :D lmao

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thanks for explanation. I didn`t know about this new algorithm thing, set to 0 now.

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But it's not okay that someone have their race ruined because of this stupid prediction code. Nibo was pushed off track because that car was all over the place.

A wise decision for all league members: turn off "New prediction algorithm" in multiplayer.ini. At least until we have a new, stable build.
    Matt, maybe you could make a post about this at usr league site too? Hopefully most league members read it, so we don't need to see this again :/