United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

Yes add me, please.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Jani added.

So, Räikkönen won't be driving in two last races... my interest went down quite alot :p

It's so hard to please everyone when running this thing. But I still just stick with 16:30 UTC/GMT starting time for the first race, it's no good going back and forth with this. I'll accept the consequences.

I really hope we still get good amount of drivers to the grid also for the first race :)

Announcemet: Based on our latest poll, the track that drops out from our top 10 is Lienz (probably unfortunate call for many). But the difference to Zolder was 5 votes so the result was obvious.

Next week we are preparing for our first race in Sebring... see you on track :)

Best regards

-Matt

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Matt, what cars we are driving in Sebring? G4 or G6? Or is it free choice for all events?

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

G4... free model choice. At least for this first race. G6 for faster tracks.

I'm not expert in deciding best combinations. Little help needed with these choices :) I want to have close racing... not cool to lose several seconds per lap just because of the car choice.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Car options locked for first three races.

Also added some historical info about the tracks. (calendar section in the webpage)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I liked what Hedlund started. ISR seems to have made some astute choices as well. I could be wrong but it seems to make sense for g4 to be free choice but g6 to be more fixed b/c 69 is so much faster but other years represent better combos. And of course it is also cool sometimes even for g4 to all have same model. For example, I ran with Trellet.net folks with g4 mkiii 68 at Sebring and seemed great fit and close racing. Of course if you open it up you have more dynamics, passing on straights, etc. but Hedlund know better than I when it comes to those effects.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Updated some stuff in our website: http://usr.simresults.net/

Also sent PM to our server admin (Nascar2112(J-Holley)) about the server settings.

some things we haven't discussed: no other driving aids than clutch (PM me if you disagree, my original plan was low TC and auto-transmission allowed) 40% damage multi (so we should be carefull out there :))

Points system:

Current F1 system.

additional points:

- Quali top 3: 4-2-1
    - Most laps in lead: 1 point
    - Finishing the race: 2 points (if gap to the winner is less than 2 mins), 1 point (if gap is more than 2 mins), finishing all the races +5 points
    - Most wins: 5 points
    - Most top 3 finishes: 5 points (only if not the same person as with most wins)

8. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

I think that if TC is allowed then a driving could be too easy. So no other driving aids than clutch.
    Point system is looking good.

I would taken G6 on Sebring but G4 is fine too, no problem with that.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I agree... No traction control or aids except clutch. I don't know if there are any weight penalties if using TC, and I'm sure that the guy who needs TC will not fight for the top positions anyway, but I really think these cars should be driven as they are meant to be driven. To control the amount of throttle that is possible out from the corners with your right foot is what it's all about :p The slower drivers will sure improve their driving skills before this season is over. They just need some practice and maybe some hints from the faster guys... I've seen it many times in SR4L's 60's F1 league. Slow drivers improve and can handle those monsters, and we have great, even and clean fights with the cars that barely no one drives online because they are "too difficult".

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I am a slow driver, I think I am progressing though.
    As Ive seen only way to progress is with no aids, so you feel what the car is doing.

11. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I concur with others. No aids other than clutch and hopefully those who have a clutch will use manual clutch.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We have 24 sign ups now (just accepted cosimo). Not taking any more drivers in. Lets see how many we'll have in grid when the season kicks off :)

auto-clutching or manual-clutching, no matter to me, all equal and all get the same amount of respect when driving these beasts.

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Guys I regret to inform you that I am going to have to drop out of this championship. The reason is that historic racing is simply not as scarce as it used to be and I can no longer in good conscience accept the opporunity costs associated with committing to race on Sunday afternoons when there are other opportunities to race. Please understand that Sunday afternoons was very much a "last stand", in a sense, for me with my family because without Sunday afternoons I would have, in the past, been unable to sim race competitively because that was all that I had. In fact, Revival Racing was much about desperation to get people involved but that has all changed now so I just can no longer justify not having or missing out on family activities, etc. I hope this makes sense and I very much appreciate all involved with organizing championships like this but my personal circumstances make it irrational given more flexibility and choice.

This does not mean that I won't be able to join you when I have availability but I don't want to use a spot that someone else can take or cause the server to crash.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you guys a great championship and will be following progress so I can at least enjoy vicariously. :)

14. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye I will be racing with all aids off including auto blip off :) I hope I will get some practice. AC got me hooked :eek:

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Really sorry to hear that Galaga :( ... deleted from the sign up list.

16. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

2:16:xxx in SebringHowstong4/last model on the list today . What is average lap time until now?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Jerry, I set 2.08.x in practice today, on well rubbered track. You can try lowering front and rear ride height, it helped me a lot.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I will practice tommorrow and tell my times after that :)

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

2:12 here after 8 laps practice. Man I hope I can match anything near 2:08 haha

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Since Galaga left, I could offer one more seat to this championship.

Anyone interested to join us? (already 23 sign ups, would say around 15 will try to do every race) First race is on this Sunday.

More info in opening post and http://usr.simresults.net/

-Matt