KNOWN After windows 8.1 update 3D?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ifrans, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Hey guys,

I had a windows 8.1 update this afternoon, just downloaded the new track and run rf2, but it seems it looks I have a 3d screen on my tv (nev er seen 3d tv, but it looks blurry as if I need a 3d goggle. Any idea?) It is now with any track I choose, it was before without 3d before the update. How can I turn it off again and how dit the update influence that?

2. Magus

Magus Registered

After installing 8.1 I had some peculiar things happening when I went Surround. I ended up un-installing Nvidia drivers, Driver Sweep, Booted in Safe Mode, Driver Sweep again, reboot, installed latest Nvidia drivers and my weird issues went. I can only suggest a 'fresh' install of your drivers & see how you go. You will also need to reconfigure your rf2 graphical settings.

3. ifrans

ifrans Registered

allright will try, thanks for the possible solution:), will let you know how it went

4. ifrans

ifrans Registered

It worked:)

installed new driver and normal screen again, thank you very much:)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Oh, joy. Windows 8.1 requires driver reinstallation?

6. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Well apparently it had some sort of affect on rf2.

I installed windows 8.1 yesterday, and when I started rfactor2 a few hours later it was like 3D. After I updated the nVidia driver it was gone.

I didn't see it with other games, before I updated the nVidia driver I tried Splinter Cell Blacklist also,, that was still normal 2d vision as it was before 8.1.

No other drivers needed an update for windows 8.1, just the nVidia to get rid of the 3d vision in rf2.

EDIT: Can't say for sure as I haven't tested the framerates before the windows 8.1 update, but it feels like the framerates are less consistent, having regularely drops of 25 % of my framerates, and the cars have a slight lag eventhoug it has 45 frames. Will try the nVidia beta driver for windows 8.1 later today if that makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  7. 88mphTim

Seems to be confirmed. On the nV site you can see different drivers for 8 and 8.1. So 8.1 has it's own driver set. I think I'll post this to social media, might help folks out in every game they run.

8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Yep that is a good idea to post it on the social media.
    I did install the 8.1 driver, the official one and the beta one, but the game was still showing some lag/stuttering, combined with a framerate loss at those moments, when I let the AI drive with 29 other cars and every setting maxed out. When I disabled v-sync, it got a lot better already, less stuttering and more overall framerates. Need to try the different settings to see if the stutter disapears completly, by changing one of them. Didin't test while driving myself, only with ai at the wheel, perhaps it doesn't show when I am at the wheel myself, need to test that later on. As i haven't raced offline recently and only online, I can't say that this was a problem with my install before the windows 8.1 update as I don't have 2 excact situations to compare, but can't remember that my computer had this trouble before when I just got it, 2 months ago. Perhaps I am just asking to much from my pc with 29 ai on the newest track with full settings. Disabling v-sync did make a huge difference though for me.

9. 88mphTim

Well you would hope that an OS wouldn't give games worst performance. Just another thing for us to claw back, I guess.