REPLACED Loch Drummond v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 17, 2013.

1. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Hi Team, I'm getting a strange effect appearing on the cars at Loch Drummond. I have tried using other ISI tracks, Mills, Mores & Silverstone and this problem does not show on those tracks.
    My game settings were on full and max, apart from both Reflection settings which were on low, and Shadow Blur which was set on Fast.
    I Adjusted Reflections to Max but this didn't help, I found the Shadow Blur setting improves it, but doesn't clear it completely up. Initially I had it set on Fast then moved it to Quality (see the attached Pics)

Shadow Blur on Fast
    View attachment 10347
    On Quality
    View attachment 10348
    On Fast at Loch Drummond
    View attachment 10349
    Same settings on Mores
    View attachment 10350

Track looks great, not sure whats happening with the cars though, perhaps its the weird Scottish Light :confused:

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just had a blast in the Meganes, immediatley remembered the layout it's a true classic from Alex no doubt about that!
    FPS ranged from late 40s to mid 70s, the low points were approaching the towers so kind of expected. No immediate problems aside from the already mentioned Trees & Sunlight angle looking a bit odd.

We had plenty of races here in our (now old) league and it felt just fine to me, cant remember any stand out flow problems, tight racing was guaranteed due to the trickyness of some sections which made it that bit more exciting.

3. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

Amazing track and fun to drive! I'm addicted to it. Thanks ISI

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just ran this wonderful track for two hours with the new URD mod. Amazing!!

Only problem is the chicane with the tyre stack on the left. AI crashes into it on the first lap of every race and that causes a safety car period, 9 out of 10 times.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hm, I've only seen any AI hit that once. It's possible that specific mod, and cars like them, will need us to add a specific fast line path designed for them. Have you seen replays of them doing it? Are they panicked by a nearby car? Or will they run into it seemingly on their own?

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I've seen it where they try to go side by side in that turn. Infact, in the video I posted with the car on fire you'll see it's front aero is gone. I'm pretty sure he lost it in the tire stack. Also in that video you'll see the tire stack was already wiped out, like the song says "Wasn't me"

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I only had it once or twice (excually more, but then I was to blame :p ). I only raced with the Clio and historic F3 (both ISI, unaltered), there though. Both cars did have issues with the chicane, because they started flipping over the second curbstone in the chicane (and here too I must admit I did raise the 'crash count' :p )

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I found some strange road reflection bugs on this track. Just wanted to let ISI know. When going around the turn pictured, there is this weird dark box like reflection that shows up. This is when running all rf2 display settings at maximum allowed. HDR off, forced AA with NVinspector, no FXAA. Also this is with weather set to kinda cloudy with no rain.

[​IMG]

right click and select view image to see full size.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

This track is incredible with the historic f3 cars....and possibly any car for that matter. I really think ISI should consider adding this combo to the demo. The physics of these cars is excellent. The cars are charming and fun to drive. It is simply impossible not to have a good time in these cars at this track. And you can make it as technical as you want. I was sweating bullets after a session here with this combo b/c you can be on the edge the complete lap but without feeling claustrophobic at all because the flow opens up and closes very artistically. Brilliant. Demo material. I'm telling you.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim I questioned this to Mike in another thread a while back but he might've missed it, surely having to add fast paths for individual mods is not a viable solution? as in 2-3 years time there's gonna be hundreds of mods & tracks so adding a fast path for every track and mod with issues is gonna take some doing! Hopefully there's a workaround solution in the offing (like in the new 339 Build, maybe that does the trick instead?). If not then an alternative will need to be looked it.

11. perplex

perplex Registered

hey there :)

im very sorry, but i need some help with that track. after i installed that track via mod manager i go to lobby and try to join a server. it tries to load a mod and says that im missing ISI Loch Drummond ?
    pls help me :) i really want to test the new track

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

A very fun track. I get the missing shadows and translucent racing line too (already talked about) and the modern F1 AI is causing a SC deployment on the first lap everytime, first sector, tyre stack, anywhere really.

Beautiful scenery, great lighting.

13. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

[MENTION=1]Tim Wheatley[/MENTION]; you're a true genius! ;) I couldn't have done it better myself.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That is most unfortunate. ISI should be working with you and a few other conspicuous individuals, with or without corporate affiliations, to produce high quality tracks--including especially conversions of rF1 tracks that are more than worthy of bringing forward to rF2.

15. Axe

Axe Registered

Do you have windowed mode switched on? If not, try it. There was the same big problem with Silverstone for me 2 weeks ago before SCES endurance event. I have tried many tips and this was the last. I was a bit skeptic it could help but that was it. It ironed the FPS to the perfectly driveable level.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What do you think this was? I must say I am fairly confused... lol

17. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Finally got to try this track today - wow! Superb layout, had great fun in the Megane.
    Thanks to all involved.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great layout and wonderful to have another track.

Needs some texture work to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the ISI tracks (add some wear and tear, for example) and a bit of detail work to make it look more like a real environment (track edges, grass texture variation, etc.) instead of an upgrade of an old-style rF1 track. I am sure the ISI guys can handle this even if Alex is done with his contribution. As others have commented, the type of detail that Reiza has put into the latest GSC tracks is exactly what's needed.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

He said it was a one-of [sic] effort. I interpret that as meaning we won't be seeing any other tracks for rF2 from this collaboration.

Are you also working with others? I mentioned long ago, giving credit, paying honoraria, using full tracks as a "job interview" and so forth would be great. Some official recognition from ISI for the most talented modders should increase motivation to pour the gazillion hours into these efforts that we all benefit from.

I suspect that unless it's a fantasy track and unless a bunch of other stars align, we aren't likely to see ISI acting as an incubator for a cadre of super-modders. But, please Tim, I would be delighted for you to tell me I am wrong!

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Agree with this. Great track, but way too 'clean'. It would add a lot of charachter to have dirt, marks, imperfections etc added in.