Problem with Bump Shaders

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by steveluppino, Oct 8, 2013.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Hi people,

I have a problem with Bump Shaders. Can anyone help please? When I import from rfactor1 GMT that have “bump cube specular map add alpha reflect t1” or other shaders with bump map then I export to rfactor2, the converted GMT texture looks than the original one (see images)

View attachment 10240
    View attachment 10241

The first one is the original, the second is the converted GMT. You can see the first one is much smoother than the second one This happens when I use both 3DSIMED and 3DSMAX, Do you know why it it doing this?

2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Check the "map channels", you may have the bump on a different channel to the original

3. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I didn't touch the channels. I imported the GMT then exported it (without editing it) then reimported it and it looked like this.

4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

3dsimed is still broken when using a lot of the rF2 shaders, wont be changing until the shaders are locked and dave has time to make it properly compatible. Some shaders do still work but most involving environment/reflection related shaders dont.

5. ferlob

ferlob Registered

This problem is because of the 3D model, not shaders, I think. I can see the polygons. I don't remember exactly what you can do. I think you should take a look to the "normals" options in 3dsimed. The option was "smooth vertex normals" or something like this.

6. Kev

Kev Registered

You need to weld vertices so all polygons should be connected. After import they all are detached.