KNOWN G25 and Fanatec CSR Elite pedals - wheel and pedals lose connection while driving!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ifrans, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ifrans

ifrans Registered

dear ISI or anyone who know about it,

I have been participating for an endurance event on Racedepartment, and in 2 individual testeventsonline prior to the main event, my steering wheel and peddals lost connection while I was doing my qualifying lap. Car crashed, and going back to the control section and re-plugged my steering wheel and pedals, in order to let it detect again.
    This worked once, but as soon as I drove out of the pits I lost my connection again. Every other time I try to re-connect it didn't change it (tried 10 times), and I had to go and shut of the game completly, and than re-plug the usb's again in order to let ik work again in rf2.

This has never happend to me before while I was driving the car.
    It happend before a lot of times when I was in the menus since the game got released from the very first day, but was never a problem as I was not in a session or driving, was cool with that by just re-plugging my usb's. (a lot of times I also needed to close rfator2 entirely to let it detect them again)

But losing it while I am on the road is not accaptable, for me and my team, and I certainly don't want to crash into other competitors while I am driving upcoming saturday. As I need to close the game completly, I will get an extra penalty for the event etc.

In the last testevent I even had that it lost connection during the race, but only for half a second and than controls were back (luckily).

Any idea what causes that, or what I can do to minimalize the change of having that?

The only thing that I could think of, is that I now use extension USB cables in order to be able to race, but total length of cables is under 4 meters.

I use a G25 with Fanatec CSR Elite pedals.

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

My first thought was it could be due to a dirty usb connection, though since you are using an extension I think it is likely dropping from interference or data loss.

I'm no expert but a quality shielded usb cable might be the solution for a reliable connection over that distance.

3. flitzi

flitzi Registered

4. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I see you're on windows 8 so you can disregard my post, everyone having the problem in that thread is also on win8.

5. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thanks guys for your help! Really appriciated:)

I will read the other thread also for solutions in the future, and will definetly look at the .ini file, most important is that it doesn't happend while I am driving, so I'm really happy to hear that it can be set in the .ini file.

Good to know where the problem comes from, a windows 8 issue, even though I sometimes lost wheel connection when I was in the menus before when I still had my laptop with windows 7. It was a rare occasion before, but once in a while it happend back than. While driving only happend in windows 8 though.

I will test of changing the setting in the ini file works, if it does occur again I will post it here again. Thanks!

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have also reported disconnection problems with my T500RS.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/15503-Wheel-problem

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16133-T500RS-disconnection-problem-related-to-build-300

It's related to WIN 8 OS and maybe also to build 300.

Fortunately, I've never had disconnection while driving. Only when I exited a race weekend or when a new track loaded or a weekend was restarted. Currently I only have the disconnection problem offline, no problems online.

It also disconnects my TH8RS shifter...other USB connected devices are ok.