[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. canastos

canastos Registered

Ahhhh, ok, now I understand your pic ;)

byyyyyyyyye

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

What version of the mod are you playing with and what track is it that you are on in the photo? Please let me know so we can test it.

3. MJP

MJP Registered

Looks very much like a material conflict, I'd guess that screenshot is a car on Cooper tyres because looking at the v0.8 of the car it 's using material name twall for the sidewalls. I don't know what track it is in the screenshot but I've seen tracks use twall as a material name before, often for tyrewall barriers and such.

Might be an idea in future updates to prefix the material name with something that's less likely to be used by someone else e.g. ilfs-08_twall or f308_twall.

4. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Version 0.8. Track is modern spa 0.86 version i think but not sure. Have to check.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes that track will show the problem, in fact if you set Circuit Detail to LOW the object that uses twall as its material name is removed and you can then see the Cooper tyres properly!

6. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Thanks.

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Yep MJP it's a material conflict, this will be fixed for the next update. Many thanks to all who brought this to my attention.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Will the bouncing suspension be fixed in the next version?
    -And what caused it?

9. STATIC

STATIC Registered

Speedracin.com is using this for league play over the next 2 months. I was trying to start on skins, but I can't seem to get them to show up right. The template I have has 3 files. Left, right and top. I tried to mas them but it wont show up. when I drop just one file in strangely it mixes the file with the the base skin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

A short video on Silverstone. It's a very good mod !! Thanks for your work !!

11. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

This one had me confused having the same results that you had seen. The MKCIFS3-08_Teams.mas file gives a clue to the proper naming convention for the DDS files for a custom skin. So long as you name each template DDS observing a similar naming convention you should see a complete custom skin in game.
    For the top or plan view, name this DDS as the final name of your skin observing the naming length limitations (max10.3 characters): e.g. CARNAMEalt.dds
    For the left view, name this DDS the same base name including alt with "LEFT" appended: e.g. CARNAMEaltLEFT.dds
    For the right view, name this DDS the same base name including alt with "RIGHT" appended: e.g. CARNAMEaltRIGHT.dds
    You not have to observe the name length limitations with either the left or right views, although you will have to exceed the limitations if the 3 are not mas'd together*.
    MAS the 3 files together and name the same base name as the top/plan view, i.e. NAMEalt.mas

*Having the 3 files "loose" in your custom skin folder will work without MASing them, BUT if the base name is small enough that the RIGHT and/or LEFT DDSs also observe the max 10+3 naming length limitations of a custom skin name, the LEFT and RIGHT DDSs may show as bizarre looking skins in your spinner. For instance, using a very short base name, A1alt.DDS, it is possible to have a LEFT and RIGHT view DDSs end up as A1altLEFT.dds and A1altRIGHT.dds, both of which meet the naming length criteria for actual custom skin files and will show up in your spinner. If you use such short names, you will have to MAS the 3 files to avoid this. Packing them in a MAS archive is neater anyway.

12. STATIC

STATIC Registered

Thank you very much :)

13. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

We had a practice race for an upcoming league series in these last night.
    20 min race, time scaled, and EVERY car had brake failures.
    Switched to time scale normal and 2 cars had brake failures.
    This should be the first thing looked at in any future updates. You cant race em if they break like that.

14. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

Its something on the list, though we don't see how they break so easy for some people as we would do 40 laps at a time with 0 brake issues.

15. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

What is the correct method for naming the 3 skin files?
    Also, how should they be packaged in game?

16. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

For proper file naming, see my post at #292 above.

As for packaging and placing it in game, you must set up the proper file folder structure to make it available in the car selector. I'll explain for a standard installation:

For this car, create a folders to host the skin. This example uses the PENNZOIL_22 car so that you will create both the MKCIFS3-08_Vehicle folder and the PENNZOIL_22 subfolder so that you have this path accessable:
    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\MKCIFS3-08_Vehicle\PENNZOIL_22

This is an important note: Create the folder using the Tuning spinner's Create Dir button or copy the folder name to the clipboard from the folder name in the Installed\Vehicles\MKCIFS3-08_Vehicle folder in Windows Explorer and paste the name into the folder creation dialog box for the new folder. Typing the name from your keyboard will result in the dash in the MKCIFS3-08 file name being the wrong ASCII character even though it looks the same; your keyboard creates a different kind of dash than the one the authors used.

Now place your three files in the PENNZOIL_22 folder. If you do NOT race online, you need go no further. This will work just fine if you observed the file naming conventions I described in post #292. If you do race online and wish to have those you race with see your car's livery, you must combine the 3 files in an MAS archive.

To create an MAS archive, start MAS2.exe (you will find it in your installation here:
    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\rFactor2\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe)
    Click the 2nd button from the left in the toolbar (Add files to MAS archive);
    Navigate to the folder where you placed the three .dds files (as per example, \PENNZOIL_22);
    Select all three .dds files and click Open;
    Click the 5th button from the left on the toolbar (Create the MAS);
    Name the new MAS the same as your main skin .dds file, e.g. if the top/plan view skin is CARNAMEALT.dds, name the MAS CARNAMEALT.mas;
    When you are done creating the MAS, delete the original 3 .dds files from the folder leaving only the MAS archive.
    Now your custom skin can be shared online so long as the the servers that you join allow it.

In this example, in order to use your new custom skin, you would choose the number 22 Pennzoil car in the car selector, click the Tuning button and at the VARIANTS control, scroll to your custom skin. Click BACK, and continue as you normally would.

17. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I finally gave this mod the attention it deserves. It's great. I am having allot of fun on and off the track. The car responds very well to my analysis & setup changes and has good feel.

Nice one :cool:

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The new IFS3 v0.9 is now released!

You can download the mod via our new website's download section HERE

We hope you enjoy!

On a further note, the first version of the AC IFS3 mod is out today too! Find it on our downloads section!

20. batito

batito Registered

Thxs Petros :)