[REL] [Open Beta v0.9] International Formula Series 3

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

There will be an update coming out that will give some more range in steering lock. It'll still be default at 20 but it can be lowered to i believe 10 and up to 25. Also fixed in the update will be the issue some users have reported of the car hitting a brick wall in the sand.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's very strange--do we know what's causing it? Happens on gravel, too, not just deep sand traps.

This is a great mod other than what seems like too much grip from the tires. Are you able to tell us a comparison of how much grip these tires generate versus the ISI Skippy treaded; the Skippy slick; the Formula Renault 3.5 slick; and the F1 slick? Knowing where it slots in (whether realistic or not) would perhaps help to understand/explain the handling.

3. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

It was just a typo in the undertray parameters giving the undertray twice the level of friction that it should of had. As far as performance wise on tires, its similar to 3.5, maybe a slight difference, but the difference between series comes more from the power of the engine and downforce levels. Generally drivers will move from this type of car to FR3.5 but sometimes they'll run them concurrently so the performance gap between them is minimal.

4. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Here is a video of F3s at Fuji

5. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

That's an F305 though, completely different.

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Whoops !! Sorry, haha

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks--it certainly feels like superb tires relative to much less power, so spot on, then! They would be a blast to drive in real life! All the cornering fun, but not so much power that they are too dangerous for us mere mortals.

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This car is incredibly fun to drive. Thanks much!
    I'd love an F3 league.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Also, when you are fixing the undertray issue, please consider "equalizing" the FFB forces so they feel appropriate at 1.0/are in-line with other and ISI cars. Every car feels perfect for me at 1.0 except this one--have to drop it to .6 (Fanatec). I think there is clipping as a result, too, so that's the main reason to fix it.

10. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

The FFB issue you have won't be fixed in this coming update as I believe its already been packed up. Its also something i'll have to spend more time with as on my G25 the FFB feels perfect so its hard to gauge how other wheels will feel.

11. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

What i'll do is, not in this update as i said its already packaged up to my knowledge, but the next one, is make an upgrade that will give the various ISI cars FFB as well as the default, that way people can set it to what they like and it shouldn't cause any mismatches.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounds good. :)

13. ianwGP

ianwGP Registered

OMG Wow loving this mod,Thankyou very much:)

14. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Have no fear Derek me old son, I have included your FFB updates in the next build:)

15. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The International Formula Series 3 v0.7 versions is now officially released. You can find the updated links on the first page of this mod thread or further below.

Changelog v0.7

* fixed undertray to stop instant beaching off track
    * force feedback upgrades added
    * steering lock range extended
    * textures updated to use 'all' mipmaps

Forum Download Link

MEDIAFIRE MIRROR

Please remember to uninstall and delete v0.6 before installing v0.7

Thanks for Derek Nye and Stephen Young (Liquid4653) for doing the updates. We have fixed the undertray issue that caused the car stopping like a brick wall when going off track, we have also added FFB upgrades where you can select a level that works best for you. The steering lock range has been updated also and the textures have been updated to all use mipmaps too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  16. Kev

Kev Registered

Cool, thanks.
    Next step, i hope, will be upgrade engine and suspension to new models.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks team. :)

18. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

Comparing it to the models in the FR3.5 as well as a few others, the suspension model is the exact same, layout, and the engine works fine the way it is, also very similar to the FR3.5 layout, so no real need to redesign it since it replicates what it should, even when comparing telemetry readouts.

19. crz

crz Registered

Thanks for the update! I just did some laps at Silverstone with v0.7 and hit a brick wall in the sand despite the fixed undertray. I wasn't really searching for it, it happened when spinning of the track at club corner.

Edit: Nevermind, the server I was driving on had still v0.6 running (which was set up by myself, ooops :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thank you,

Could you please elaborate on this statement?

Some new feedback. I tried the F3.5 FFB upgrade and it is better however IMO it still is very aggressive on my CSR e. I monitor for clipping and for the F3.5 I generally run a multi of 1.05-1.10 with a smoothening of 10 however for this mod with the 3.5 FFB upgrade I have tried a multi of 0.7 with a smoothening of 20+ and I still receive clipping. The wheel torque feels firm and fine and I actually have my Steering torque sensitivity (controller.ini) set to 1.5 however the FFB generated from the surface undulation seems very extreme. Even with a soft spring rate and low bump dampers there is a fair bit of jolt going on through the rack. Maybe some of this pickup is from the lower profile tyre?

Also I am still experiencing extreme yaw moments in some high load corners and the car quickly feels disconnected from the track surface.

Cheers again.