KNOWN T500RS disconnection problem related to build 300?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TIG_green, Oct 2, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm pretty sure they know, as I've seen forum posts all over the 'net. They go as far back as 2012 and the W8 RTM. :( It might be one of those things they NEVER fix.

Check the comments on this post, such a MASSIVE issue, and there's still people stuck with it.
    http://timwheatley.org/www/2008/03/02/realtek-hd-audio-fix-for-windows-xp-sp3-kb835221

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

wonder if 8.1 will fix the issue, here's hoping!

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I got connection lost from a server I was driving tonight ... I was thrown to lobby and I lost connection to my wheel...that was new :p Otherwise it has worked while online.

Later on when I started offline for testing purpose my wheel was also disconnected...weird...relaunched and it worked again as I expected. Usually I only have disconnection when I exit a session offline, not when I enter the game for the first time.

One thing I haven't probably said before is that every time I lose connection to my wheel I also lose connection to my TH8RS shifter too.

I don't lose connection to any other connected USB devices.

4. DrGroove

DrGroove Registered

Hello
    I'm with wondows 7 64 and I have this problem too!

5. --DK--

--DK-- Registered

I have the same issues with Win8.1 64bit. Drivers are all new.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You must have a different issue, as we are actually testing a fix and the issue others have with Win8 can only happen with Win8.

7. pedal2metal

pedal2metal Registered

Hello,
    This probably does not make sense but...
    I was used to loose wheel FFB from time to time, the problem *almost* disappeared when I plugged the wheel in a usb 2.0 after reading something about usb 3.0 power management having to do with the issue.

I can't say it is related to build 300. I didn't pay much attention because the FFB is recovered by unplugging/re-plugging the wheel.

The thing is that it is happening more often now, twice or three times this week (that's why I am posting here now).

Until now I thought it was more related to the wheel/drivers than to the game but I noticed two "funny" things:
    - It seems to happen (not always but almost) when I change the car setup from a *very* hard front supension (springs/arb) to a *very* soft one...I know, doesn't make much sense, right? You can laugh at it, probably just coincidence :rolleyes:
    - FFB is recovered when I close rfactor2 (not always) without replugging.

I am just reporting my experience just in case, I can't reproduce the issue, it just happens sometimes (more often lately though) so I can't say it is a rfactor2 bug.

Windows 7 64bits and T500RS here