triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

You don't "need" to do it on a Nvidia card,and you get the added benefit of about an extra 100fps on the best driving sim...... touchee

2. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Umm... Time to eat some crow here. With 494 on Catalyst 14.1 beta (7970), I was able to turn multiview on without killing my frame rates. (I am not sure how much it costs FPS wise as I have the frames capped at 60 currently). I was able to maintain the 60 FPS pretty well with MV on (Silverstone Intl/Camaro) so I decided to give it a more serious try and tweak it to my displays and seat position better.

I have to say after giving it more time and changing my stubborn ways it is a pretty significant improvement. The immersion is much better and I now find myself utilizing more of the side screens.

"Hey Mikey... he likes it!"

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

YAY! Welcome to the wonderful world of triples ;)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The lower your FOV becomes the more and more you'll be using those outer monitors ;)

5. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Spinelli,

Roger that, I am running lower FOV with Multi than I did previously. :cool:

6. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Registered

wow, I just updated both my catalyst version (13.4 -> 14.3 beta) and rF2, and the Multiview performance has gone way, way up. It wasn't even playable before, so I either had to disable it or play something else (I usually chose the latter). There's still a significant performance impact, but it's playable now. This is probably the biggest jump in rF2 performance I've seen since it was released. I'm very happy, cause out of all the sims rF2 is still the only one that makes me think I'm at the wheel of a real car.

7. mephisto1961

mephisto1961 Registered

This is my Old PC:

M.B. Asus P7H57D-V EVO 2x2GB DDR3 1333 corsair
    CPU Intel i7-860 2.8Ghz 8MBcache
    HDD WD Caviar 500 GB SATA2 32MB
    DVD-RW LG 22x
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Scheda video ATI-HD5870-6 2Gb

I try to play rF2, since two years, with a triple screen (3x27") setted on 5760x1080; two monitor on Dvi port and the third display with an Active Adaptator Sapphire Hdmi to VGI Eyefinity. Unfortunately my Fps run not over 30-35 fps or less (alone...), absolutely unplayable! :(
    So, finally I decided to revamp my PC:
    I would like to replace my RAM, old and slow with this one:

RAM DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1600 CL9 1600MHz CL9;

and finally my old VGI with a NVIDIA GTX 780 TI;

What do you think about? Any advice?

My economic effort will not be cheap, and I would not want to make a dramatic mistake!:eek:

Many thanks.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The only thing that I can tell you that rF2 for some mysterious reason runs a lot better with Nvidia video cards(better performance and less stuttering)!
    With the GTX 780 you will be fine!

9. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I run http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130943

with no problems @ 5040x1050 My processor is OC to 4ghz, look at my specs. I have everything in rfactor on and @ full to high settings, multiview on with 8x AA and super sampling. Frames capped to 59 because I am running @ 60hz. NEVER SKIPS A BEAT!

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

try running your frames at 120 maxed and try to make sure they don't fall below 90 (except for race starts where its may be difficult). Many people reported an improvement in feel/control at 90-120 fps even if they could only visually see up to 60 fps due to using a 60 Hz monitor refresh rate.

You might be surprised, worth a shot :)

11. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

copy that..anything to become faster!

12. TPS

TPS Registered

I am sorry if am hijacking this thread but looking for a solution to setup my triples in terms of angle and bezel. I have nVidia 680 GTX, and 3 LCD at 45 deg fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

13. Armando

Armando Registered

For bezel, you should just use the correction from the nVidia drivers.

As for angles, if you are using multiview in rFactor2, then your side screens should be perpendicular to you, so not necessarily 45º between them and the center one.
    If you are not using multiview, then the angle should be 0º, although as a compromise you can use a small angle (10-15º) with little distortion.
    It is important to use the correct FOV (or close) when using triples to minimize distortion.

14. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Triple screen + multiview + HDR + SLI is now working for me!

15. lolek

lolek Registered

So to have max details and options set to high/max in Rfactor 2, for any tracks having triple screen configuration I don't need 780 TI Nvidia or SLI? 780 will be good enough? Also do You gentlemen have an advice for triple 27" monitor setup? I'm thinking about LG 27" 27EA73LM, but have read so many articles so far and still can't decide.

16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Yes 780 will be good for you, Harmermania is reporting that he has SLI working on his machine, I would like to see more people posting that they are also have success with SLI because for me I would like to get another 780 to run SLI and up the frames more. Also Im not sure of what refresh rate you want to use, 60 or 120 I would assume that that LG is a 60 hz monitor? That monitor has hdmi inputs a sub-b (i don't know what that is). To run triple screen out of the 780 you need to run the two dvi's and either the hdmi out (which for me yielded a loss in refresh rate down to 60) or displayport which will give a 120hz outputted refresh rate which is ideal. But 60hz is working fine for me, I would like to run 120 eventually with a SLI'd system in the future so im hoping that this SLI working thing isn't a fluke....

edit: those bezels look real small which is a BIG plus!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  17. lolek

lolek Registered

Thanks Paul for replay. Unfortunatelly all IPS monitors are only 60Hz AFAIK. I have found the list with >120Hz monitors, but all have pretty large bezel and are no IPS. I also would have to buy some display port adapter, as LG does not have DP. The best monitor, with smallest bezel I have found was DELL U2414H. It is perfect but I would prefer 27" and it has 8ms response time.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Apart from IPS only being 60hz, they tend to have more input lag than equivalent 60hz TN panels. Also, IPS panels tend to have slower pixel response times.

I would honestly go for somethin more gaming oriented even if it lacks picture beauty. Many people don't even notice the lack in static image quality of TN panels, especially 4he top gaming ones, relative to IPS panels.

I do/did because I had a pretty nice looking monitor, even though it was a TN, compared to my new gaming monitors, but many people don't notice it and don't know what they are missing.

19. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

OK, I need to know how you did this! I'm still locked at 30 fps with this combination of features. Multi or HDR alone are giving me about 120 fps... the two together drop to 30 fps.

BTW, I find it very suspicious that it's exactly 1/2 my refresh rate. Some setting somewhere must be affecting this if you have it working.

20. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I didn't adjust any settings.... The fact that no one else is reporting it working is very strange. (Although one guy did mention in the Build 660 thread that he got HDR and SLI to work good, which is what prompted me to try it - I'd largely given up on trying it with new builds).

I'm not sure if I've just gotten lucky or not, but it would sure be odd if that were the case. I can post my nvidia inspector settings if that's of interest. But like I said, I didn't change them.