Mod packaging / registering error. ONLY when doing an update on...

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Marco Bijl, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Hy all,

I have the following situation. I made a mod containing a track, and 3 car types. All are changed content, so newly packed. Made a mod, registred it, no problem Works fine online for a few weeks now.

Now I want to do an update. I made my updated components, so I go to the packaging screen.
    If I package it as a new mod (so no Update checked, no previous version filled in), it registers fine. I get a new mod ID, and all is ok.
    However, when I select the Update from checkbox, with exactly the same content, It fails to register and fail to give me a new mod ID.

Is this a mistake by my side, or is this something that happens to others as well?

The notification I get:
    Undetermined Error while registering mod - Mod ID

Can someone advise, or test if this is common, or my mistake?

Thanks in advance,

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

34 views, and no responds. Is this something nobody uses, or is it such a difficult situation?

I have found myself a workaround, which enables me to continue on the league and its features. However, it would be nice if at least someone can confirm my findings.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Is it possible you have already registered a mod/update with the exact same name and version number? There used to be a way to unregister a mod/update so you could re-register it later. I could be wrong but the error you are getting is the same one you get when trying to register a mod/versionnum that has already been registered. Out of curiosity, try creating some dummy mod with some random name as version 1.0 and then create an update for it with the version number 1.01 and see if it all registers okay.

If that works then maybe you can go back to your real update, leave the name alone but increment the version number a little farther and see if it registers. There is nothing preventing you from making an update for 1.0 that goes directly to 1.2 or 1.3.

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Thought of that as well. So, to make sure, i took an absurd high number :). I was still under 1.0, and made it 3.0 just to be sure. No luck either.
    I believe that in the beginning, you could not register a lower number as well. Not sure if that still applies.

I have to do some other stuff before the weekend, but after that, I will look into it a bit more.