A good selection of quality cars .......but no / very few quality tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The recent releases from ISI ( cars ) are excellent , top quality & really shows off the high level of physics / ffb that rf2 is capable of

However, tracks wise it's a tad thin on the ground, (none of the below refers to graphics )

Track surfaces (surface bumps/cambers etc) are terrible / non existent, some have no life at all & others feel as though there are fire hoses going accross them ( feels very fake )

I'm a tad spoilt with the laser scanned tracks of iracing & recently been using the radical on silverstone, silverstone has soooo much life it's so bumpy & has a few inclines/declines minor cambers -this adds so much to the simulator experience, very very little exist in ISI's recreation
    (I think I read somewhere that ISI will be adding track surface to silverstone "later" )

ISI's historic spa I think is the most lively track that has some character (again I'm referring to track surface) alot of work must have gone into this track surface.

It would be great if there were some laser scanned generic template sections that modders (&ISI) could use this would also give some consistency from track to track ( of course some tracks smoother than others)

Right now this is one of the biggest weak points for me in rf2, again only my opinion etc

2. filippu

filippu Registered

go back to iracket then :)

3. Miro

Miro Registered

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan” - he said.

EDIT: Still waiting for your Bodnar wheel - rF2 review mate.
    How is the progress on that one?

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

filippu

logical answer & logical solution, of course thats what i have done, I post with a slight hope things with change - only a slight hope as only a very slight chance )-:

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Mores is recent paving, and quite smooth.
    Silverstone is mostly recent paving, and quite smooth, but is getting additions later as already noted - we essentially wanted to get it out for the GP.
    Lime Rock Park, which I surveyed, is ULTRA smooth now, as it was resurfaced in 2008, iRacing surveyed it in 2006 I think.
    I don't know enough about most of the other modern tracks to comment.
    Spa has bumps, because it was bumpy, in fact it almost got thrown off the calendar for that alone. Drivers were worried about suspension failures, etc. It's not about more work, it's about the fact that we know it was bumpy. I'd actually assume most of the other tracks have the smoothness or bumps they have (except Silverstone, which will get some) due to their real track surface. A typical example in iRacing might be the old Daytona versus the new one. The new one isn't 'wrong' or 'low quality', it just has less bumps.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's really not a helpful post in any way.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Tim

Thanks for the response, I get confused as to which track has been resurfaced & which has not, looking forward to Silverstone updates & future ( official ISI ) tracks,yes ISI Lime rock is very good quality

hopefully also its maybe only a matter of time before a decent mod team releases a good quality track pack (maybe f1 ) that will really help things take off

8. Christian Hamilton

Christian Hamilton Registered

Have you checked out what's available? You might be surprised at the number of tracks out there. This http://www.rsrf.de/rf2-tracks/ is a good place to start.:)

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Yes I must do it now I'm all up & running, been enjoying fiddling with settings etc , not just on the wheel but on the motion platform the detail is amazing from both

Will have to do a review & some pics
    Will try this week !

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Awesome! I can't remember which wheel you used before you got the Bodnar.
    I mainly would like to know how the differences are between the Bodnar on rF2 and the common wheels on rF2.

Frederic from the liveon2 dev. mentioned just it takes you to another level but that doesn't really say much lol.
    Looking forward to the review! :)

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm really not a good enough driver to comment on small surface details and it's effects, but as regards the thread title... my main gripe would be that there are very few current "important" tracks around in good quality. Modern Spa, Monza, Hockenheim, Le Mans, Donington, Nürburgring... nothing even to have a decent 24h on. We have a lot of smaller-distance US tracks and stuff like Mores which is detailed but just not a track for GT or Formula 1. A modern Spa would open so many possibilities...

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agreed. I think the game will really take off once we get some of these famous tracks which are used by most of the big racing series.

13. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Whatever happened to interlagos someone was building? That looked really promising

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Feels was working on it. He just needs to finish one track before Interlagos. ;)

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I thought he was busy hanging out with Simbin? ;)

Hope he does get time to work on Interlagos. I'd love to see him tackle a big international circuit.