Lending my RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pits, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

Can I ?

ORA-Oldie has been trying weeks now to reactivate his account, t's just not happening, can I let him sign in on mine so he can at least have the odd race, he is getting very eerked at not been able to race, as you would.

Thanks

2. canastos

canastos Registered

Has he emailed all details to the support guys? (support @ rfactor .net ; see Support at the top of Home page)

byyyyyyyye

PS: even if you lended your account's user and pass, he would need to reactivate, as it's a different machine

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

If you could I would lend it to all my mates, then their friends and family of which they would lend even further. Then ISI won't make any money and there will never be an rFactor3 even if they do finish this one.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The support guys also will not give any other activations, so eventually he'll end up purchasing rF2 again due to this sharing, which is because rF2 is tied to an individual.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

ah-ha....no, no....feel free to share away with you friends Pits. :p

6. Pits

Pits Registered

So I gather it's a no then, thanks for the lesson on ethics Bart (or perhaps it was just dumb sarcasm), seems you would have been better not to have commented, we aren't all dishonest, and Tim it would have been easier to just a "yes" or "no" to my question instead of a quote from the dishonest one that didn't approach my honest question...Don't know why I bothered asking really.

ty canastos, ora-oldie has tried everything to get this sorted and this was only a last resort.

Thanks.

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I think your reading too much into their posts Pits.

Also...

where there's a will......there's a way.

8. Bart S

Bart S Member

No offence Pits but I just couldn't resist. Its one of them types of post I alway have to reply to with sarcasm automatically built in, it could of been anyone and just saying "eeeeeerrrrr no was too boring".
    Stop by SR4L servers and say hi.

9. 88mphTim

It really couldn't, which is why you were given more information in my reply to what had already been said. Have you tried asking "Can I go over the speed limit?" before? The answer is yes when you're only accepting a yes/no answer... But cops will bust you for it when you do.

I'm confused as to why giving you more information is an issue for you. As for the post I quoted, his point is valid. Piracy or account sharing directly results in ISI having less funds to work with. Try calming down a little and perhaps just taking the useful information.

10. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Oldie is over it now, getting no feedback or assistance via the email info provided either. So, I will eventually purchase a new version of the game at some point in the future..... maybe.

11. 88mphTim

They reply to every email within 2 working days unless otherwise notified. If you haven't received a response, you either need to check your spam box, or take this action, because they will have replied:
    http://rfactor.net/web/email-issues/

And there was a quite quick response to this thread. I'm a little confused though. You're upset at not having received immediate support to a product you don't own? Your last post here references an email that doesn't exist in our system, so has no account, never purchased. So you shouldn't have been posting in that thread at all, and shouldn't be getting support anyway. Did I miss..... something?

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

So if it's tied to the individual I should be able to install on a different computer?
    i.e
    I'm a few hundred miles away visiting a Friend for a week or 2,I should be able to install on his computer and play?
    As soon as I get back home,my machine will get re-activated and his machine de-activated?

13. 88mphTim

Yes. You wouldn't need to reactivate your machine when you got home though, we don't 'deactivate'. However, your friend shouldn't use it after you leave.

Every question in this thread so far is posted answers in the FAQ here, if anyone needs it:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

14. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Hi Tim,

No mate, I am not upset about not getting immediate support for a game I don't own. I am upset about not getting support to fix the problem with the RF2 install I own on my Puter now.

It was purchased for me as a gift, hence why I don't have the info asked for, and the purchaser no longer has the same puter with reciepts from the purchase.

Secondly, I have been in email contact with support on and off for a little while in the hope of getting it fixed as per the info threads. I have been to all my email acounts online and added the required email addresses to my contacts list (white list), as per suggestions.

The email I used is the only one the game accepts as having an account attached to it. The only issue with it since the game was purchased for me is that Yahoo have enforce3d their location policy so that I cannot sign into my U.S based email account.. the one my RF2 account is attached to it would seem.

I would have thought that just my full name would be enough to find the rest of the info I need to get RF2 working again, but alas I am wrong.

In which case, I revert to my last statement Tim... I will re-purchase it for myself later in the year if that is the only way to get the bloody sim working for me now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  15. 88mphTim

Ah, my apologies. I assumed that when you said "no feedback or assistance" from support, that you hadn't had any contact. So it's an ID verification issue? That's not what I got from Pits, either.

What was the purchasers email? Can you send that?

I couldn't find you in the database when I looked before, so your real name doesn't appear to be of any use, no.

We do have some info, but the majority of detailed info is only given by the purchaser to Paypal/MB (and most purchasers would want it that way). We get the money, and the basic details we need. Email is used for accounts, and accounts have RFXXXXXXX order numbers attached to them. If you got it as a gift, then the person who gifted it would have a link from their account to yours.

So IMHO the only way to track you down, would be gifters email, or your email, as used when you first used the gift.