Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep I dont see that High Wing G6 in the list either :confused:

2. dumberdog

dumberdog Registered

This is a great car for rF2, the engine sound is amazing congrats for that. But there is an issue common to the 60's grand prix cars present in the sim: in cockpit view the car seems to have a padle shifter gearbox, because the driver's hands are all the time on the steering wheel. This is not very accurate nor realistic. You guys should have a look at and fix it.;)

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

They have not implemented shift animation yet.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... can`t seem to find it either...

:confused:

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

I noticed this too, in list view.

6. Nelson

Nelson Registered

Thanks for the new cars, ISI. Good work! Had a lot of fun with the HG6 the other day. Was quite funny to see the AI struggling to manage the power of these beasts at LRP. And I don't think HG4/HG6 look poor graphics-wise. They're quite decent actually...the only think that looks a bit outdated compared to ISI's latest art standard (Camaro, Silverstone, etc.) is the model of the driver.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Something really weird happen with my configuration and those cars. First day released and I enjoyed them a lot during several hours at Sebring, Brianza and Longford, doing laps without any problem (I enjoy a lot and are used to historical F1, F2, F3 and BT20). Yesterday evening I launched rF2 and choose G4 and Brianza and I was unable to do a single lap without spinning 360 degrees on each turn, and wasn't able to keep my driving line, boucing from left to right (overpower and sliding). Give up after 30 minutes. Try again today and I'm not even able to exit from the pit at Longford. Whatever kiss I give to pedals I spin like hell without touching my wheel. Other tracks have the same problem and giving a small push on the pedal and the car spin immediatly. Other historical cars are fine, and I don't seems to have any problem with pedals sensitivity (never touched those settings). I'm gonna remove rF2 and try a full installation. I had so much fun 2 days ago with those G4 and G6 cars and now it seems all track are icy. I'm pretty sure I have a bug here as the difference is too binary. I let you know if full reinstall fix something.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

I have 1.2 in MM and 1.1 in list in sim...

:confused:

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Well, Tim probably made a mistake, he thought it's there but it isn't..

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Multi component version, versus car version.

11. 88mphTim

Indeed not, I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I thought it would be included. It's gone from the dev build as well, so I will find out what happened, whether it is a future addition, or whether it's gone...

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Doh!

:p

13. 88mphTim

:) I don't think it really helps that they can be different numbers, but that's the reason they are. :)

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I actually missed a shift into 4th on the straight of Zolder, I was so confused I missed turn 1 :X Great! :)

15. TJones

TJones Registered

For me these are the first car's from ISI, where i get the impression, they are a bit easier to drive than the real (Lola T70) counterpart.
    Very subjective of course. :)

Lot's of fun, thank's ISI !

16. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

Some WIP on an update i'm doing for the Martini Livery. This is based on some photo's i found of a 69 Lola T70. I'm not sure if its period but it certainly looked the part.

Tim, I notice there are some other UV issues around the cockpit side "door". Also another smoothing group error you can see there in front of the front wheel arch. There is also a welding error or an errant vertex on the right rear behind the cockpit, you can see it in the garage if you look down on the body from above and left.

View attachment 10094

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

A couple of questions for the group:

- why the power drop from the 550hp g4 markIII to the 425hp 68 IIIB? Regulations? The g6 get progressively more powerful over time
    - is the top speed higher in the g6 III vs IIIB because increased rolling resistance and downforce of the IIIB?
    - in general, what was reason for Spyder vs closed top cars? Different classes/competitions/regulations? Why are spyders so much more powerful (and awesome)?

18. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Killing tons of birds in one post. First of all, these are the first cars in rF2 that actually impress me. We've always known rF2 was potentially very good in the physics department, it has an advanced engine, but it really hasn't come together, until now IMHO. This car at Longford is just magic, for the first time I can honestly say I'm happy I bought rF2.

A) With the G6 I've noticed the wheels disappearing off the car model in replays at a distance. I haven't checked the G4, but it was instantly noticeable once I bothered to watch a replay. High opponent detail, resulted in cars looking like hovercraft.

B) Gauges below... They appear on the onboard cams for some reason, but that isn't why I post this. My real question is can we PLEASE get gauges in both cars that look like this, in the cockpit? The current ones in both just appear so messy to read, and the ones in the G4 in particular look way out of place in general. This is something I really think ISI could improve in general on almost all of their content - we spend a lot of time driving, and part of that is looking at displays and gauges in the car. It should be pretty important they look like they belong in a race car to both immersion and just looking good. The Pixsim Lola feels a lot more "homey" because it's cockpit looks like it should.
    View attachment 10101

C) The brake pressure adjustment in the garage, which way is more pressure applied? I'm under the impression that the more force (higher number) the more pressure, though that just seems a very odd way to measure pressure relating to sim racing. It makes it sound like it doesn't change the pressure, but more so the sensitivity of the pedal the way it is presented in the garage. After all, I apply the same max force no matter what setting it's set to in the garage, unlike what the setting in the garage suggests. This is also something in rF2 ISI could improve on, either creating car manuals, tool tips in the garage or using the same terminology across all cars -when we get more advanced cars with hopefully more advanced setup options this could become alot more important. Eg - 3rd spring v Heave spring. Same thing, but depending on who you ask and where you ask you might never hear one term or the other.

D) Would love if in the future when we get cars that have a lot of upgrades there was a better way to get more cars in the same class, force upgrades? Right now, you want to race a 65 G4 or whatever, you get 3 cars repeated. Especially given the skins in this mod, having color variations for each scheme could work as a work around and shouldn't be all that much work.

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Tried Howston G4 and also Longford for the first time. Wow, both are outstanding and yes have to agree; pure magic! Howston is surprisingly easy to handle and feels more alive (huge immersion) than anything else I've driven. Could it be the chassis flex already implemented into this car? In use or not but I'm also very impressed ISI was able to implement this kind of feature into the sim at this stage of development. Great stuff!

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think it is. There was some discussion of chassis flex in the build 300 thread.