Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Yup. What they lacked in downforce, they made up for with sweeping tracks that weren't: start...stop...start...stop...start...stop. Nothing like old cars on tracks with flow.

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

These cars appear to be competitive with 60s F1. Seems like would be fun to race them together. What do you guys think?

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sacrilege :D

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

LOL. My bread and butter :p. FYI - I have mashup server online with several modern tracks in rotation that I think are good matches for these vehicles. Server name is same a always but mod name is RevivalRacingHOWSTON60sF1MASHUP :).

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The 1966 F1 car was from the year before they became proper big powered beasts. 1967 had a lot more power, and then 1968 had wings. Some of those Lolas should be faster than the Brabham, especially the rf2 version.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ok after discovering how much fun it is to drive this with auto-clutch disallowed (even with clutch on stupid button), and how boring and pointless it feels when the auto-clutch is on (taking most of the fun and challenge away in these cars)
    Howstons has finally convinced me to go for 3 pedal system. Thank you ISI :)

7. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Have to agree! Time for me to mod a clutch pedal. Now where did I put that 5kg load cell?

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your postings come across a bit strange sometimes, that's all. You almost discuss everything at a tangent to the topic all the time. They shouldn't react like they sometimes do, but please try to minimize your OT replying, etc, as well. If a car isn't for you, give comment on the car, try giving some feedback about how it feels to you and why you think that is. Saying something, then saying you never even would like the type of car in the first place (which essentially invalidates every post you made previously) doesn't make much sense to people.

And this isn't an attack, I'm trying to help you and everyone else get on better here.
    I think:
    Heat FX Fade Speed="30.00000" // Speed at which exhaust heat effects reduce by half (0 to completely disable)
    You sure he didn't retire? It could be that he had a failure and others were stuck behind him. Did you look at a replay? Either way, still an issue, but if you race the track again please let us know.
    Any more info?
    More info?
    Easy fellas... While I know the original person being replied to could improve the way he posts, he's not being massively aggressive or any of the other things (that I've seen, anyway) that could cause this kind of reaction. If you are thinking of replying "how many times" to someone, perhaps add them to your ignore list?
    There's actually some nice things coming for carset (skins) and the way they're going to work. But I still think most of these community made skins are pretty nice. :) The cockpit textures, this car probably isn't on-par with ones started more recently (these were started in 2009, but updated as much as was felt possible at the moment).
    It's actually 1.12-1.2G, depending on config. It was racing at a time when corners didn't really get in the way too much. Think Le Mans, etc. Although, in my reading at least, this car was the trigger for fundamental changes in race car design, the realization that drag can be acceptable when creating downforce. See the chart in the configuration section here:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/howston-hg4-hg6/

9. 88mphTim

In 1965-1966 the T70 was the fastest car in the world, of any type. It should beat the Brabham. Google "t70 fastest car in world 1965" for some great reading.

10. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Strictly speaking 1966 was the first year of the 3 Litre formula. Trouble was, though, that those engines were hard to come by so many teams didn't have a big engine until later in the season, if at all. IIRC at the beginning of the season there were only 2 3 litre engines in use; the Ferrari and the horrid BRM H16 (which Lotus used in the Lotus 43). Brabham just wasn't able to secure one of them. I'm not sure if they ever did get one of the big boys in '66, but they still managed a title. Which was repeated in '67.

Awesome, I'll have to check it out :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thought I'd give these a run at the standard Brianza track (without the banking) and I'm getting screen lock ups, the sound locks up too but the FFB acts as though the cars hit a wall and gone off road (i.e. goes crazy!). I can alt-tab out and shut down RF2 from Task Manager so I know it's nothing to do with my GPU. The banked layout works just fine, anyone experienced the same? also forgot where the crash log files go? (if indeed RF2 creates any!)

12. 88mphTim

There won't be a crash log because the software continues. Try unplugging your wheel, letting the AI drive... That kind of lockup is pretty unusual and most of the time I'd say hardware. Because your wheel goes nuts (which it shouldn't do), I'm leaning towards the wheel or wheel driver?

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no it's defintaley the car continuing even though the screen has frozen and then the car crashing, thus the wheel going nuts (as though you crash normally). Again it's just at this layout and repeatable after a lap or two. On the banked track (other tracks) it's absolutley fine.

14. 88mphTim

That's really interesting. Do you run in window mode or fullscreen? If fs, try window. If it's still running in the background, again there probably won't be a crash log, as it's not crashed as far as Windows is concerned, you quit it.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok it's a FS issue, running 1920x1200 it crashes (again after a lap or two), click the Windowed button and it runs just fine 5+ laps. I always run FS as I get better FPS and again just to reiterate every other track is fine, ran a clio 20lap race at Mores earlier no problems, Howstons on the Banked layout no problems. Just this layout in FS :confused:

bed time now, anything else you want me to try just shout and I'll do it tomorrow evening :)

16. 88mphTim

Thanks. Just try other tracks when you can, nail down that it definitely only happens on that layout, and that it isn't some background program or something that so far has only got you by chance on that layout.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I presume you mean other tracks with the howstons as I know other mods and tracks are just fine.

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

For the pitting bug Tim, yep I looked at the replay. Racing with 10 AI, on the 4th out of 5 laps, they all pulled in at once to change their tyres, all in one big line. They then came out for the last lap and finished the race.
    Track was Estoril, 5 laps, no weather change set.

19. 88mphTim

Yes, Marc. So you're sure? OK, will report and see if they can reproduce. Any chance you can upload your race settings screen, and gfx options screen (your specs are still current?)
    What were your wear, fuel usage and time scaling options set to? (And thanks).

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep just this layout, will try other mods on it tomorrow and upload settings screens after