Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. PaulG

PaulG Registered

This is such a weird game for me. In 2D it looks almost cartoony and underwelming, but it looks amazing in stereo 3D. The flame livery is pretty awesome.

2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Thanks Tim.

I tracked it down to my nvinspector AA setting of 8xS. Once I changed this I got proper heat haze. Pity as 8xS gave me great performance and sharpest visuals. This is with nv240.49 btw.

Edit: tried 327.23 driver but gives same result when using AA setting of 8xS. I much prefer this AA setting to anything else I have tried so I have simply disabled heat haze in .PLR file instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

My first impression of HG4:

What I can say is that one evening is not enough (for me) for a serious analysis.
    But it is enough (for me) to say amazing I love this car's specialy the G4 MKIIIb.
    With the default setup combined with my lack of knowledge about how to drive historic cars it was a real challenge to keep the car on track and the understeering was terrible but

I knew immediately we will be friends :)

The cockpit is well done and fit perfect to my tripple screen setup.
    Normal I've to reduce the ffb multp. to avoid clipping with the G4 I raised it up to 1.10
    (Longford) after I've that done the feedback was clear and I was able to raise my limit with every lap.
    Sounds are good there was nothing disturbing.

The wheel's and tires need additional work to catch the visual standard of other ISI car's there is in my opinion something wrong with the texture but that is no big deal.

Unfortunately the power supply of my gaming machine explodes during my race (I was in second position :( )

As I wrote above one evening is not enough to find out all about the car's.

Well done ISI !
    Drive this car makes a lot of fun and is a real challenge.

That's my first feedback

alex
    Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How many times are you going to say this? Shut-up about it in this thread, which is for people who care about the G4 and G6.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Woww..this rf2 forum remind me Pcars forums which is very sad!:(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

who made that rule?

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Just got done playing with the new cars all night :) I have to say I am really really liking the feel of these beasts. Certain ones are pretty hard to control and slide around like they were on ice, but after tweaking in the garage and letting 18 AI build up rubber on the road for a little bit the cars just came to life. After warming them up they handle as I assume they would in real life. These are great cars ISI. A couple issues though. When power-sliding around corners there is not much tire noise. I think this is with all cars, but having a loud screech when the tires are sliding would help a lot with knowing what the car was actually doing. Also when power-sliding there is no tire smoke effect until you lose control. My last point is that the car models should be remodeled to the latest standard. Where it counts these cars definitely have it though. They feel so good.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Not just remodeling/materials, but the textures need more oomph. It only looks "fine" at very, very high graphical settings and even then there are issues such as car material/interior bits. The dirt/oil stains are very low-res too.

9. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Did some races with these beasts. Rediculous. I think my favorite part about these cars is that they FEEL old. The suspension feels old. The brakes. It's very authentic. Watched a few slow mo replay cameras and the movement is beautiful. I saw these have the new chassis flex contraint system, but dunno what I noticed really, but these look awesome in motion. Even with the clutch slip, it still feels much better than other cars, a better speed to the revs. The models themselves could do some refining, but I am also enjoying the fact that I can have better fps this way o_O.
    They different years and configurations really help in general, gives us something to change up (as opposed to 50 corvettes in a line).
    I find it difficult to mess with the brake setups, I can't seem to find a good front to rear setup, considering the speed and aero's versus tight corners. Maybe a little more information from the braking itself would help, through FFB maybe.
    I also wonder about the tire heat. It seems to heat up quite a bit and stick, especially when these cars love to slide and often benefits from it. But it may just be that way.
    I decided the Camaro was my favorite car, but these ones took the cake. Great job ISI!

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

remind me, what's the setting in the plr? I had a look last night but can't find anything, can't see heat haze at all with these cars!

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks Tim and the dev guys, I'm not sure if this is correct, but reading some posts it seems the clutch system has been updated for this car, is this correct, and, will this be implemented in other cars over time as well?

In regards to some other replies, my god, sometimes it's plain embarrassing.. and people wonder why some modders are demotivated..

edit:
    The info page on the car is great, that is exactly what we have been asking for in the past :)

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I changed "Heat FX Fade Speed" from its default of 30 to 0 (disable) .

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Maybe got some kind of bug with the AI and the Howston. Did a 5 lap sprint race at Estoril Grand Prix (One with no chicane), and on the 4th lap, all of the AI pulled in for a tyre change. I was at the front and only noticed it when I checked the gap back to the next driver and it was over 1 minute. Not sure if it's the car, the track, or something else.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ahh cool I'll check that out later thanks

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Happened with me in the 20 lap race at Mores.

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I tried the H4 at Mores.... slippery beast!! H6 at Mores... I'm in love with the sound, I need to be careful with the loud pedal that is for sure :D

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Where do you get off telling people to shut up... ?

Cool, easy going attitude youv`e got there...

Plus afaik, this is a thread to "discuss" the Howston cars and their release, not just for those that "care" about it... if wajdi doesn`t like it for some reason, he`s perfectly entitled to say so...

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

I think the sounds match up fairly nicely, what do you guys think?

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I freakin love Bozzy!

20. lbird

lbird Registered

All we need now is better textures for the G6 cockpit (very fuzzy despite ultimate detail) and a community made skinpack with all sponsor logos and the like.
    I would certainly prefer historically accurate skins over some of the fantasy ones. The Porsche, Martini and David Piper skins are great, but they would be much better looking with stickers....