rfactor 2 don't start

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Miquel Ramos, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Just I changed my PC and installed again new version 3.000 but when I try to play don't work, nothing happens when I go to single or multiplayer, only shows the logo.
    My PC is an ASUS P8Z77-V i5 3570K 8Gb DDR3 with graphic card ASUS GTX 760 OC 2Gb.

rFactor 2 is installed in a second hard drive, it's a clear installation. I've seen that i cannot configure the game, because when I try to change resolution in configuration, game doesn't save new configuration.

Please, help me.

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

A more detailed description of the problem will make it easier for people to help you. Does the game crash? Are the buttons in the launcher app greyed out? Did you activate the game on your new machine?
    I'm no expert so I probably won't be able to help you but others may if you give them some valuable info.

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Does your Windows account name use any non 'standard' characters or symbols

4. breeze55a

breeze55a Registered

I have the same problem

I am going through the same thing after updating and validating rfactor2 will not start everything is grey except for multiplayer, but I am signed in, I have had to reinstall it on another hard drive, but when I try to move it to the hard drive I want I have to go through the same thing again.

5. ingameracing

ingameracing Registered

Hey, im new here and i don't know about this post go there or other side, and i dont speak english very well but...here we go..

When I try to start rfactor2, on "launching window" the option single player, online, and development are in grey, i dont know why. Yestarday i was on rf2 doing laps... but now i can't..but i can join with my credentials, few days ago I tried to "activate" on purchase window and works, but today dosn't work!! there is a screnshoot of my problem.. if any one can help me, please tell me.

http://gyazo.com/cb262e47c09d8ebad39d0ce7aff7fb35

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If it's not saving configuration then you have a deeper issue in Windows where the software is unable to write to where you save data.

Either you have a permissions problem (including installing rF2 somewhere it can't write, that is protected), or you have a non-English character as your Windows username.