Wheel problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Sep 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I deleted my controller files that I had copied from my previous install and that seems to fix the problem. (one weird thing though: still the same button mapping in use after I deleted those files...)

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

TIG_Green have you checked the power that your wheel is plugged into? It's a long shot but if the power outlet has issues, the wheel won't work.

Make sure it's plugged into a USB 2.0 port directly with no extension cables and no USB hub. Other than that, I have no other ideas myself. Good luck dude.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have a blue light on in the power adapter and red light on in the wheel.

I don't believe it's an issue with power because it always happen at the same time...when exiting a session or when a new track is loaded online.

I've done fresh install for rf2 (only packages folder copied), reinstalled wheel drivers... I'm out of options really...

Could it be WIN 8 problem?

I could also try to unplug wireless keyboard/mouse transmitter but that's not a good option becuase I just went wireless because there was too much cord on floor :p

Also noticed that Spinelli had posted something about new drivers...if those have came today then I don't have the latest drivers.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

6. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Light should be green on wheel!

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

If I hold the "mode" button it turns to green but I have always had it red and it have worked as it supposed to.

I installed new drivers (released 18.9.2013)...apparently I didn't have it. According to first quick test: no connection loss!

So I hope this was the fix.

I report back when I have more time to test.

Thanks for all the help guys! (Thanks Spinelli for informing me about the latest driver, I was on that site even today but missed that driver...)

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The light should only be green if you have the pedals in the hanging style. If you have them inverted (I think they call it F1 style) it should be red.

9. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I stand corrected then! I'm using modded pedals that are not connected to the wheel and the light is green.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hey TIG, have the new drivers been working?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

For a long time I thought I had overcome the disconnection problem... no problems for a week or so.

However, today I unplugged my wheel because I needed desk space and later I plugged it in again. After I plugged it in I had the same problem as before: whenever I leave a race weekend my wheel is disconnected (power is still on and it works when I go to T500RS profile, it just doesn't work in game anymore). This wouldn't be so bad, but as I stated earlier, disconnection also happens when session is restarted or a new track is loaded in online.

I decided to reinstall the new drivers again and now it works again.

So it seems I can't unplug it from USB or it goes grazy next time I plug it in again :s

Any ideas of the cause of this? :eek:

12. datanode

datanode Registered

Have you tried a new wire? Keep it to the ports on the back and maybe ensure it is a USB 2.0 only port.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have the latest firmware (released 18.9.2013 I think) which includes the latest drivers if I remember right.

Wheel is connected to the back of my pc to USB 2.0 port. I have two thing connected to my two USB 3.0 ports: my headphones and wireless keyboard/mouse transmitter(?).

14. datanode

datanode Registered

Do you still have an external sound card? Or is it just an external interface?

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yes I have it plugged in to USB 2.0 port also. It's a device where I can plug in my microphone (for singing purposes, 3,5mm socket). This makes possible to have 3 microphones connected at the same time.

I don't believe it's the problem because I have tried also without it and the problem was still there. Also, it worked with my old pc with WIN 7 64 bit OS (this was with external sound card plugged in also).

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now the problem is back. I've tried all the possible updates, different USB-ports, unplugging devices etc. basically everything that I know. No luck.

I strongly believe it's a software problem.

WIN 8+T500RS combination doesn't work atm for some reason...

Any recommendations?

EDIT: Did a quick test with GSC demo and it didn't have the same problem.... so rf2 problem after all?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Now that I think of it I only played rf2 once with build 300 with my old pc (WIN 7 64 bit OS) and there wasn't a situation where I could have encountered this problem at that time.

I have to do more tests to see if this really is only rf2 problem. (unfortunately no pcars or AC to test with atm)

18. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

This seems similar to http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/13125-lost-wheel-in-Build-240. Let me guess: your new computer is running Windows 8? [EDIT: oops I see you already confirmed that two posts up]

Note: I'm not yet ready to blame Win8 directly, but it seems to be a combination of builds 240/300 and Win8. We're still working on this problem; nothing obvious has changed in the code, but we're trying some experiments on our beta testers.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I also tried to get some help from Thrustmasters: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16133-T500RS-disconnection-problem-related-to-build-300

They just didn't knew that I have already tried most of those things and the clean up suggestion seems far fetched considering that I have only encountered this problem in rf2 and only in some situations.

20. patrod

patrod Registered

Hi TIG_Green,

My issue is not the same as your, but
    I can confirm that i never had this issue with pCARS, T.P from Assetto or RRRE, only with rF2 and with some mods of RF1 and only Online.

So, that could be a Thrustmaster drivers problem combined with the netcode from ISI, i dunno.