Getting real time data for custom motion simulator

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Fontys, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Fontys

Fontys Registered

Hi, hopefully this is in the right area...
    We've got a full car cockpit mounted on a hydraulic motion platform that currently works with Live For Speed and we want to get it working with rF2.
    We currently use outsim and outgage with LFS to make it send UDP packets to our hydraulics computer which then uses the sent acceleration and speed on 3 axes to move the platform.
    The information regarding speed/revs/etc. is also sent via the CAN bus of the original car to have the car display the game speed/revs/etc., which is also done with a few lines in a configuration file.
    We want to do the same with rF2. I notice that there's a number of software packages available for USB systems etc. which is probably simpler for most people, but we just want the raw data sent in real time, which I have yet to find a solution to.
    I take it this would be best done with a plugin? I have some experience with C and C++ but any help, whether it be direct help or just a link to a tutorial (which I looked for, but seemed unable to find) for the basics of writing a plugin would be great.
    Thanks!
    Let me know if you need any more info!

tl;dr: is there something equivalent to Outsim/Outgage in rFactor 2?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
  2. moooon

moooon Registered

I guess we are doing the same things, the difference is that you use hydraulic motion base, and I use electrical motion base.
    I am looking for the way to get vehicle dynamic data in rF, but not got any useful information so far.
    LFS is ideal racing game for motion platform, but how is data quality? Is it realistic?

3. Mike Crimlis

Mike Crimlis Registered

I'm looking to achieve the same thing but it seems there's not a lot of help for this particular aspect.
    I've been doing this with iRacing and now want to do the same with rF2. I thought that as rF2 seems to be promoted on the strength of the modding community, this sort of thing would be relatively simple but no luck so far.

Anyone have any helpful input?

I see this post has been going for a couple of years with no help so far so I'm not holding my breath.

4. TechAde

TechAde Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you also see this post is in the wrong section? :eek:

6. tafkams

tafkams Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015