WSGT2 Megane Trophy for rF2

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by WiX, Sep 15, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Don't get me wrong- I think it' a good idea to learn on a car like this- they can do some things and have a good base to compare against in the ISI car. It's a very smart way to approach a first attempt with rF2 modding. I'm really looking forward to the GT cars that they come out with now that they have this mod down. I loved wsgt for race07

3. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Thanks for the info Guy. ;)

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ah ok. Now I got you :)

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Car are looking very good, nice skins and nice reflections.

6. WiX

WiX Registered

It will...

7. WiX

WiX Registered

I am pretty convinced it will be downloaded plenty. :) For those who might find it redundant, there is always the stock version. ( PS.. small question? i see you promote the BES mod link at the bottom of your reply. .... being a convert of an already existing mod.. with car models such as the Corvette and the Nissan GTR... Does that then make it redundant in your opinion? just wondering...

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

To me it seems the quality of these models will be higher than stock ISI, I just hope they aren't framerate killers.

9. F1lover

F1lover Registered

dam right it will!!!....

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

there's no Corvette in the BES mod and the Camaro uses different physics. However the other 8 models in the mod are completely new to rfactor2 and are ported over from a rfactor 1 mod so I'd say that it is minimally redundant. Rfactor 2 is a completely different game. It is not recreating an existing single make mod using the exact same spec as the original.

11. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I'm pretty sure they have already stated that they are using standard physics with the mod, but that doesn't matter as there is nothing wrong with the standard physics anyway.
    what it will possibly do is show what the graphics capabilities of RF2 are, especially if those screenies are from RF2 and not Rf1.

I'll download it and I'm sure I won't be the only one, great work guys.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This will NOT be pointless or redundant.

Even if the physics and character of the car are identical to the stock ISI models, which I doubt will be the case, but EVEN IF it were, then this could still be thought of as a graphics mod. With ISI's stock tracks looking better and better, with AMD releasing their new graphics cards in the next month, with Nvidia apparently releasing theirs shortly after (Q1 2014 supposedly), oh and with the great reputation and respect the WSGT modding group (sorry, forgot the official name of the group) have rightfully earned, I'm sure that this will have a LOT of downloads, and rightly so :).

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm not sure where I read that maybe on their website but it was something like: with the megane mod they want raise there rF2 skill and check out the improvements .
    So if I remember me correct the mod will have his own physics.

But we will see :)

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

These do look quite a bit nicer than the default Meganes...which are not bad. It'll definitely be on my list of downloads.
    Hopefully WSGT2 has 'tackled' things like exhaust flame etc..
    The default flame most noticeable on the Corvette, still looks like somebody blowing into an orange sock.
    I absolutely hate it.
    Even SMS got that right...which doesn't say much.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

SMS got lots right with graphics. Anyways I doubt these will have stick isi physics I just can't see that happening on a test vehicle mod, especially in a game where physics are the number one priority.

16. CoNa

CoNa Registered

I would love to see a futher evolution of this mod to include the current STCC chassies. Volvo,BMW,Saab,Citroen,Honda and Dacia
    As all of those cars are the same as this, just different bodypanels. Same engine and all.
    In general, the most important physics that is needed is already available in this car. Just add some extra 3D bodies.

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

That would be awesome! Love the look of those STCC cars.

18. Axly

Axly Registered

+1 more, That would be absolutely brilliant!
    (if only someone could make a Swedish trackpack, an awesome season would be on the way)

19. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

but the stcc cars and the megan are complete different.

20. CoNa

CoNa Registered

Not since this year. They now use the same solution-f car as the megane is built on. All use the same nissan engine.
    It's just cosmetic body panels, which been managed so that all cars have the same aero.

These cars were driven in the TTA series last year as competitor to the STCC series.
    After much debate it was decided to use these for the STCC.

www.solutionf.com